1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yes, I am. Would you rather spend precious time looking through all the vials, hoping to get the specific one(s) you need, or would you rather just dump all of them in your bags? The latter seems more efficient (depending on how lucky or unlucky you are in honing in on the vials you need) and practical (since you just might be getting antivirals / antibiotics for future use).

I don't remember the exact setup they had, but there were around four crew members and not too many vials. Just sweep all of them in your bags and run.

Simple.

2. al415

al415 Active Member

As a fan of the books (comics?) I've enjoyed most of the first three seasons. This new season however, I think the show is pretty terrible. The characters have started making illogical choices that are not consistent with three seasons of character development. We are suddenly asked to accept spectacular coincidences, lazy telegraphing and horror movie cliches in place of what was previously some solid writing.

3. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior member

^^ This. Or maybe I'm just confusing this show with BB, which really had solid writing.

As for the unlimited gas and fuel supply, remember that gasoline also has a limited shelf life and they eventually go stale (google stale gasoline disposal). I highly doubt that all the gas that are in the cars are still useable at this point.

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I like BB as much as the next guy but no one can argue with a straight face that that shit didn't have its share of plotholes

5. lefty

lefty Senior member

Sure it did, but it never strayed from WhatTF just happened to WhyTF did that just happen. Whatever the characters did was consistent with those people in that situation.

TWD is just all over the place.

lefty

6. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Stale gas will still power an engine, it just gunks it up.

7. lefty

lefty Senior member

Quote: One assumes that station tanks are air tight.

lefty

8. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

That was a dumb episode.

9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Someone please have this infidel banned from the internet.

1 person likes this.
  10. javyn

javyn Senior member

I love TWD, but....I would trade it for more Firefly. Shiny.

1 person likes this.
  11. javyn

javyn Senior member

Yes, I take them checking the radio periodically as a given, as well as assuming they reload their weapons off screen. A little temporary suspension of disbelief helps you focus on the big picture while watching shows and movies, give it a try guys.

Didn't think about that, but I was wondering how long it's going to be until all the batteries are corroded and they are no longer able to use flashlights.

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Well, if they don't do shit, then it will happen a lot sooner. If on the other hand they were methodically grabbing and storing batteries in a cool, dry place in sealed containers with some desiccant, well then they would have a lot longer.

I don't need to see every detail in order to suspend disbelief, just a few.
    It would take literally five seconds of screen time for Rick to be standing by a loading bay at the prison with a map marked out in grids as they unload masses of random supplies.

The redneck could say something like "we finished cleaning out the last of grid 5, found a Sears that had been mostly untouched the other day so we should be good on drive belts for a few years" Rick: 'I'll tell carol, I think if she had to wash another load by hand she'd kill me in my sleep."

Something that simple would establish so much and make the show so much more satisfying.
    So would shoring up their defenses along the outer wall.

Honestly, this show can be zombie killing camp or it can be human drama. They've been shooting for drama so they need to stop derailing it with the random stupid Z plot devices (oh, no! the chain link fence will never hold!) and focus on crafting the human element with a Zombie backdrop.

13. lefty

lefty Senior member

The problem is that the big picture is so ineptly done one can't help but focus on the stupid shit.

And there's a lot of stupid shit in this show.

lefty

14. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Rayovac ReadyPower batteries have a shelf life of 10 years
    Energizer Eveready batteries have a shelf life of 7 years
    Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries have a shelf life of 10 years
    Energizer Max batteries have a shelf life of 10 years
    Energizer Photo batteries have a shelf life of 10 years
    Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries have a shelf life of 15 years
    Surefire batteries have a shelf life of 10 years
    Duracell Rechargeable batteries have a shelf life of 2-3 years
    Duracell Procell batteries have a shelf life of 7 years
    Duracell Coppertop batteries have a shelf life of 10 years
    Duracell Ultra Power batteries have a shelf life of 10 years
    Duracell Ultra Lithium batteries have a shelf life of 15 years
    Sanyo Eneloop batteries have a shelf life of 3 years and can be recharged 1500 times

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    2 people like this.
  15. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Do you run a battery store?

As I watch the show I hear Rick's voice from the Lip Synching TWD video in my mind (mentally). I find this increases my enjoyment immeasurably.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  16. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

:laugh:

17. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Jeebus there's more.

18. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Just FYI for anyone who actually needs to do so. I store gasoline in an airtight container with an agent in it that helps it keep for over 18mo. The after shock of hurricane sandy was buying all of this crap along with an awesome generator that I hopefully use for more than just power outages one day. Like dragging it out to the woods so I can build a modern cabin with power tools.

19. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

I think the exasperation is supposed to be part of the show. Rick has shown some skill and talent in leading people, but the simple fact is that he's a small-town cop. It's not like he came with a bunch of built-in skill in logistics. So he (and everyone else on the show) is going to make stupid blunders from time to time, including not having a lot of long-term things thought out very well. Rick and Co. might be decent people, but they're not geniuses.

Maybe somewhere else in Georgia there's a group that has all this crap figured out. But their show didn't get picked up, because it was a total snoozefest.

20. Connemara

Connemara Senior member