1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

the plague originated from the water no?

I'm going to spoil the entire plague arc for everyone: People were feeding the Z's food along the fence, which was the same food they fed to Pilot (the pig). Harry Potter Jr (I don't remember his name...) was chilling with pilot and somehow contracted the disease there and now we have this whole snafu.

ok next place please :)

2. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Carol either went ape shit or has finally realized she´s living in an apocalyptic world and sometimes you need to resort to killing people like that...

3. lefty

lefty Senior member

Or the producers have realized that she is the best actor in the bunch.

lefty

4. Lionheart Biker

I did like how cold she was about it when confessing/amswering Rick.

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I actually didn't see it as "cold", more like tightly clamped down. They had just had her do the whole over-the-top-frustrated thing with the water barrels to establish how upset and stressed she was. Then, when Rick asked her the question, she hesitated very briefly before answering, as if she had steeled herself to be prepared to tell him the truth if/when he asked.

1 person likes this.
  6. Lionheart Biker

7. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I started thinking it was the little girl when she gave that fake ass cough before going into the quarantine. I think she's gonna go on a killing spree in there

1 person likes this.
  8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Hershel just being a one-legged bad ass. NBD.

9. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

This is my BOOOOOMSTICKKKKK!

[​IMG]

10. jtang108

jtang108 Senior member

Sounds like a cool show!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. Andre A

Andre A Active Member Affiliate Vendor

Cold? hmm maybe just BOSS. Yea I killed them - and I'd do it again. She just got feisty with the water because she realized she could've just suffocated them and let them come back as zombies instead of wasting gas and leaving a trail of blood...

12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I'm not saying it couldn't be true, but that discussion you linked to has some pretty weak-assed analysis. For example, the writer says:
    When Carol said, "yes" that she was guilty of killing Karen and David, perhaps she meant that she'd killed them in the sense that she'd given the girl the knife, taught her to use it, and stressed that she must always eliminate threats. She guilty in that she unwittingly created a little murderess. Gulty of not noticing that this little child was too damaged to distinguish right from wrong.
    Except, of course, if I remember correctly, she didn't answer "yes" to the question "are you guilty"? She answered "yes" to the question "Did you kill Karen and David and then burn their bodies?" Something specific like that, anyway.

Which is not to say that she didn't decide to lie to Rick because she wanted to protect the creepy little girl and/or because she felt responsible. And if the little girl did kill them, it still could have been Carol who dragged out and burned the bodies. But it's pretty lame to try to construct a semantic argument based on Carol's choice of words but then totally misstate what her words were.

13. Neo_Version 7

I stand by my initial statement. Killing the two wasn't that big a deal (assuming they had already turned). Could she have done so in a more considerate fashion? I.E. telling Cutty first? Maybe. But why risk two more infected roaming the prison to spare a big, black man's feelings?

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I hope this happens.

But she better not kill Glen!

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Maybe I'm projecting my assumptions a bit, but doesn't it seem pretty well established at this point that they were in fact "killed" in the sense that their lives were ended prematurely, as opposed to their being put out of commission after turning? It's not just everyone's reaction -- it's the way they speak about it. "Killed", "murdered", etc. None of it would make any sense if it happened the way you're suggesting: it's commonly accepted among the characters that head-shotting a zombie (even a zombie who used to be your friend or loved one) is the normal and appropriate thing to do and doesn't bear any resemblance at all, morally speaking, to "killing" that person.

16. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I think that is what we are supposed to assume LD. But they never did establish how they knew it was a "real' killing. Maybe the blood trail or the fact that it was done on the sly. More sloppy writing.

Maybe Carol coached up the girl and set her loose in quarantine. The tears are b/c she realizes she just sent a kid in to kill a shit load of people.

17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Agreed. I was thinking about that while I wrote my previous comment. It seems like the burning would make it especially hard to figure out if they'd been "killed alive" or put down after turning.

I thought about the blood trails, but I'm not sure that would really do it. Recently-turned zombies seem to have a splatter factor comparable to fresh dead bodies.

18. Neo_Version 7

Not going to lie. When Carol turned over the water tanks, I expected her to find something sketch to show that someone was deliberately trying to poison the group. While we're on the topic of sloppy writing, as ridiculous as it sounds, I hope the Governor is responsible for luring those thousands of zombies to the prison. I don't think I can handle another unexplained horde for "dramatic" purposes.

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Does this show have the balls to do that?

20. landshark

landshark Senior member

I thought it was pretty obvious that the two were murdered, dragged outside and burned because of the disease.

I highly doubt that there is a conspiracy to kill everyone in quarantine when:

a). Daryl and company are out to find medicine that will likely cure their illness. Also Hershel is making temporary progress in this regard.

b). Carol was teaching the kids how to use weapons for their benefit (i.e. self defense), not for ruthless and highly questionable murder. (Although we have seen that on the show, e.g. with Carl)

and

c). That girl didn't have what it took to kill her turning father. Yes that is a particularly difficult situation, but an cold blooded murdering spree would be even more difficult to carry out.