1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

was picked up even before season began

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I think I read somewhere that they were thinking about not picking up Rubicon for a season 2, and if Walking Dead did better they were going to run with it.

I don't why they'd have to choose between the two. Rubicon was aired at 9, Waking Dead at 10. Plus Rubicon aired along side Mad Men which was a Summer show. Waking dead makes sense in fall/winter (so would Rubicon actually).

3. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

Was the zombie outbreak caused by something that happened at the CDC? The show is located in Atlanta. There are military vehicles all over the place. Maybe Atlanta is ground zero??? The military came to fight the initial outbreak, etc..

I don't think that is covered in the comic... but maybe it will be discussed in the show.

Atlanta already looks like ground zero

4. Humperdink

Humperdink Senior member

The episodes seem lifeless right now - the mixture of flat direction and too perky, too clean, too archetypal Americana ensemble cast makes me feel like I'm watching episodes of "Zombies vs. Walker, Texas Ranger."

Hopefully it'll get better in the second season like Breaking Bad.

5. JacobJacob

JacobJacob Senior member

I'm with TRINI here. I think there are a few major plot holes.

+1

6. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Has anyone noticed that the entire premise of Citizen Kane is impossible?

8. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Why didn't Merle cut through the long bolt which the cuffs were locked to? The cuffs are hardened steel and would be difficult to cut but the bolt should be easy.

9. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Why didn't Merle cut through the long bolt which the cuffs were locked to? The cuffs are hardened steel and would be difficult to cut but the bolt should be easy.

Because then you couldn't have a dramatic ending and this:

[​IMG]

10. 76classic

76classic Senior member

The fact that Grimes did not ask what happened to the world while he was in a coma is not really a plot hole. Whether he asks the question or not does nothing to advance or impede the storyline. Are we really wondering why a character didn't ask an obvious we probably would have asked. Hell, there are plenty of "why didn't they just do that" in numerous series. I don't think it constitutes a hole in the plot. It just means the writers dropped the ball on some dialogue. You want to talk MAJOR plot holes. How about Florida Evans remarrying Carl and moving away in the t.v. series Good Times? After some time off camera, Florida returns home WITHOUT Carl. No mention of divorce or the fact that she was remarried in the first place. That is a plot hole in my humble opinion. And just who was that mysterious man on the yacht that Mandy telephoned after the failed assassination attempt on President Palmer in season two of 24. And why the heck didn't he come back to finish the job in season 3? Plot hole. Just my 2 cents.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I think the show reasonably established that Merle was a dumbass.

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Its futile to wonder (or guess) what people will do and how they will react in a world where nobody knows what a zombie is. I mean think about it. Think of all that would have to be different in a world like that. No Thriller. No Cranberries. No "...of the Dead movies". This may seem like a small thing, but in alternate universes (because obviously that's what it is), small things like that can lead to enormous changes in behavior and culture. The lack of Thriller may have drastically altered the behavior patterns of the entire species.

If you wake up from a coma, and see a bunch of zombies, dead people, cars on fire, and etc... you aren't going to ask someone what happened. You know what happened. Zombies came and fucked everything up. That's why zombies will never take over this world (while we still all have our memory, at least) Everyone here knows what a zombie is, how to stop one, and how to avoid one turning into a billion. Now a global endemic of memory loss is pretty much the only thing that would allow zombies a foothold here, which is why I will survive when everyone else is walking up to and poking zombies. You can erase my memory, but you can never erase my paranoia and reflexes. Or, if you want to wander around playing a guitar and yodeling like some kind of musical zombie buffet, you can go hang out with Pio during the Apocalypse.

13. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

Its futile to wonder (or guess) what people will do and how they will react in a world where nobody knows what a zombie is. I mean think about it. Think of all that would have to be different in a world like that. No Thriller. No Cranberries. No "...of the Dead movies". This may seem like a small thing, but in alternate universes (because obviously that's what it is), small things like that can lead to enormous changes in behavior and culture. The lack of Thriller may have drastically altered the behavior patterns of the entire species.

If you wake up from a coma, and see a bunch of zombies, dead people, cars on fire, and etc... you aren't going to ask someone what happened. You know what happened. Zombies came and fucked everything up. That's why zombies will never take over this world (while we still all have our memory, at least) Everyone here knows what a zombie is, how to stop one, and how to avoid one turning into a billion. Now a global endemic of memory loss is pretty much the only thing that would allow zombies a foothold here, which is why I will survive when everyone else is walking up to and poking zombies. You can erase my memory, but you can never erase my paranoia and reflexes. Or, if you want to wander around playing a guitar and yodeling like some kind of musical zombie buffet, you can go hang out with Pio during the Apocalypse.

what the fuck are you going on about?

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

[/b] what the fuck are you going on about?
    If you read what I wrote, it's pretty obvious what I said. Did you miss the part recently where Piobaire said he was going to walk around like a minstrel during/after the zombie apocalypse? I believe it happened in trans-mod.

15. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

If you read what I wrote, it's pretty obvious what I said. Did you miss the part recently where Piobaire said he was going to walk around like a minstrel during/after the zombie apocalypse? I believe it happened in trans-mod.

man you need a vacation,can i suggest a week in tokyo at the Hotel New Koyo?
    im just bustin your chops relax

16. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

11 weeks until my vacation. Only staying at New Koyo for three days this time.

17. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior member

Michael Rooker as Merle stole the show in episode 3

18. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Even forgetting the bar, why cut off your whole hand? Just the pinky and knuckle would be fine. Also have you ever tried to cut something soft with a hacksaw. It doesn't work, it's actually much harder than cutting metal with a hacksaw.

19. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Even forgetting the bar, why cut off your whole hand? Just the pinky and knuckle would be fine. Also have you ever tried to cut something soft with a hacksaw. It doesn't work, it's actually much harder than cutting metal with a hacksaw.

Almost cut my finger off with a hacksaw once. Well, it was more of a rip than a cut, but it went all the way to the bone.

20. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

It's hilarious that Mad Men doesn't get ripped into like this show.