1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. lefty

lefty Senior member

For a bottle episode that was pretty good. Well written and extremely well directed.

lefty

2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Agreed, was a pretty decent episode. I hope the next one lives up the preview.

3. lefty

lefty Senior member

Typically they do an intimate episode like that (few locations, extras, efx) to save a couple of bucks in order to blow the next episode out of the park.

Expect lots of blood.

lefty

4. SkinnyGoomba

Awesome, currently rewatching the previous seasons for contrast.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  5. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

What a shit episode. It's like they combined all the small things that detract from this show in one episode. Probably the worst episode of the season.

And Andrea, just die already. Please. She's so fucking useless.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  7. SkinnyGoomba

It was a little baffling to me why she did not either kill him or take his truck.

8. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

They'll "redeem" her character by having her kill the Governor.

Count on it. I definitely don't want Rick to kill him.

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I'm really getting sick of the 'zombies popping out of nowhere!' bullshit they pull. For example, when Andrea ran into the woods to avoid being caught by the SUV / Governor and all of a sudden, three, four walkers appear out of thin air!

Yes, it's a zombie TV show. Yes, it's unrealistic to begin with. But that's just downright lazy ass writing. Absolutely lazy. Cheap suspense too, if you can even call it suspense, because you know it's coming.

I hope they kill each other. She don't deserve none of that redemption bullshit.

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

+2.

Tara is still number 1 as most annoying TV character though. Followed by Brody's daughter on homeland. Then Andrea.

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

First attempt at killing him where she could have slit his throat: FAILED

Second attempt at killing him where she could have blown his brains out: FAILED

Third attempt at killing him where she swarmed him with zombies and decided to walk on foot instead of taking his truck: FAILED

Stupid fucking bitch.

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Seriously, not wanting to go back in and deal with all the Z to make sure he was dead I could see, but why on earth would she skip taking his truck.
    But then again, she did head out into walker land without so much as a water bottle and a good pair of shoes so I suppose it's safe to assume she's a fucking retard.

13. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

You guys really think the writers would have her kill him off and waste the opportunity to have that all out war between The Governor's people and Rick's people?

:laugh:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  14. lefty

lefty Senior member

I take back the nice things I said last week - that was a bloody awful episode.

Is the prison now within jogging distance of Woodbury? That warehouse looked like it was abandoned 10 years ago not during the recent Z troubles, so why the hell are there 10 Z's in the stairwell? Resting her back against the forked tree was just such an obvious cliche in "hand jumping out scare tactic" I was shocked it made it through the story editor.

I really want my money back.

lefty

15. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

No, they're definitely leading up to that (it's a given, we all know it), but they could've made her not look so completely useless in the process.

16. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Willy, please change the title back to "The Whiny Thread". The 40-year-olds are coming back out of the woodwork. :facepalm:

17. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

18. lefty

lefty Senior member

40 year olds? Who let those kids in?

lefty

19. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I bet it's the quiet kid among the 4 newcomers who burned those poor poor zombies.

20. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

I think it was Milton.

1 person likes this.