The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. lefty

lefty Senior member

Bit of a doofus cop - riding in a city with a highway of cars pointed in the other direction may not have been the smartest idea. And getting the horse killed pretty much makes me hate him.

And the wife? It's been, what ... three weeks? And she's hooked up with his partner?

This better get better.

lefty

2. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

And the wife? It's been, what ... three weeks? And she's hooked up with his partner?

That assumes she wasn't doing him beforehand.

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

The buddy cop convo scene in the begining of the first ep establishes that she's a cunt.

I'm so glad I'm not a tool and watch zombie comics. I'm enjoying this show it's damn refreshing and pretty tense at places.

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

the show's awesome

amc really stepping up their game

5. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

The stress of the apocalypse does strange things to people.

Sort of the theme of this entire show (well, assuming it's like the comic at all).

6. mfrege

mfrege Senior member

And getting the horse killed pretty much makes me hate him.

Well at least you're not at odds with the (re)killing of the soldier in the tank. For this scene conservative blogs are already calling the show un-patriotic and unsupportive of our men and women in the armed forces.

7. virus646

virus646 Senior member

Well at least you're not at odds with the (re)killing of the soldier in the tank. For this scene conservative blogs are already calling the show un-patriotic and unsupportive of our men and women in the armed forces.

Oh really? Don't they see he ''freed'' an army man from his misery [​IMG] And what about the horse, is PETA gonna come and says that it is showing animal cruelty?

I was also wondering when he was gonna use that nade and I wonder why the guy didn't think of the saw when he went to free the racist guy. Oh well, can't wait for next sunday!

8. orlagu

orlagu Senior member

This may sound like a stupid question, but was all that destruction really necessary (burned out walls, shell holes on the building etc.) or it's a must-have for any zombie flick? I mean, the soldiers were fighting zombies, not a highly mobile, armed enemy, so what's the point of wasting ammo like that?

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Was it me or did the walkers seem faster last episode?

10. virus646

virus646 Senior member

They were semi-running, climbing fences and using tools to break glass door. Yes, they were faster and more dangerous hehe.

probably to set up the mood. You can't really know how you will react against people with blood on their mouth and their bowels in their hand. You may freak out a little bit. We have to remember that one of the rules in zombie flicks, is that you never heard of zombies before.

11. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

My biggest issue with the show from a plot perspective is that he still hasn't asked the obvious question as to WTF happened to the world in the month that he was in a coma.

I think it's pretty clear that nobody knows what the hell is going on. Also, I'm sure he's more concerned about finding his wife and child alive. It really doesn't matter what started the ZA.

correct me if im wrong but in the comic they also never name the source of the infection?

Nope, and it doesn't seem like Robert Kirkman ever will. Again, it's not the point of the story.

Bit of a doofus cop - riding in a city with a highway of cars pointed in the other direction may not have been the smartest idea. And getting the horse killed pretty much makes me hate him.

This better get better.

lefty

This is a slight deviation from the comic. In the comic it was a one-time thing, in the heat of their escape. She seems to enjoy it a bit more this time around, although she also looks remorseful -- what with the locket and all. I'm really interested to see how this love triangle resolves itself.

12. celery

celery Senior member

I want to like this show, but I already know how they're going to make it retarded. Stupid wife and old partner romance nonsense + "gotta find my family, I just know they're alive!"

It's so old, so tired, ffs zombie show/movie makers, try something new.

13. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

What would you prefer? In the first episode, he finds his wife and her new partner, kills them and then screws a hot zombie tied to a tree and then spends the next 5 seasons wandering the U.S. collecting abandoned Red Wings?

14. virus646

virus646 Senior member

What would you prefer? In the first episode, he finds his wife and her new partner, kills them and then screws a hot zombie tied to a tree and then spends the next 5 seasons wandering the U.S. collecting abandoned Red Wings?

That would be cool. They already killed the horse in no more than 10-20 mins, why not his wife?

15. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I think it's pretty clear that nobody knows what the hell is going on. Also, I'm sure he's more concerned about finding his wife and child alive. It really doesn't matter what started the ZA.

The entire world as you know it has completely changed and you don't ask why?

And of course it matters - knowing what happened will influence where your wife and child may be.