1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Ha I know. Show sucks because the Zombies are actors!!!!

2. Sherlockian

Sherlockian Senior member

Just watched the first episode tonight. Quite enjoyed it, and it was fun hearing Andrew-whatsisname speak in an American (Georgia?) accent. Will watch the second show to see if it can build on the decent start.

3. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Damn there is a lot of complaining for a show that's only 2 episodes in.

People need their hands held and have every question answered for them immediately or they might go back to watching Two and a Half Men.

4. landshark

landshark Senior member

I'm with TRINI here. I think there are a few major plot holes. I still am anticipating the next episode though!

5. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

Guys can you put Spoiler in the title if you're discussing downloaded aka ahead of schedule episodes?

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Or you could move to the U.S. where it's already aired.

7. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

I'm not looking for an answer as to what caused the zombies, I'm looking for reasonable actions from a man who has just woken up from a coma to find his entire world has changed.

The fact that he hasn't yet asked ANYONE WTF happened is a glaring plothole. Whether they tell him shit just went crazy or that the government just sent the army out to start shooting everything or what, I really don't care. "I am Legend" handled this really well. This show isn't doing that AT ALL.

It'd also help explain why his wife just decided to up and leave his ass for dead in the hospital. Maybe the government told them to evacuate. Maybe she thought everyone in the hospital was dead. Who the fuck knows. But to think he doesn't even care?

i gotta go with trini on this one,if i was in this spot this would be the order:
    first question:wheres my fucking gun
    second question:wtf happened
    third question:wheres my family

8. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

I want to like this show, but I already know how they're going to make it retarded. Stupid wife and old partner romance nonsense + "gotta find my family, I just know they're alive!"

It's so old, so tired, ffs zombie show/movie makers, try something new.

so you have not seen zombie land then

9. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Dude - if it'd been happening for a month and the army was involved, you don't think it'dve been all over the news?

There aren't any news broadcasts, they went down before he woke up.

He can ask the question, but there's nobody who can tell him an answer. It would be kind of pointless. If they're following the theme of the book, they don't ask because they're focused on surviving. The people who ask those kinds of questions lose focus and die.

Was it ever explained why he wasn't eaten/killed/saved while he was in a coma in the hospital? He just kind of woke up and it looked like he hadn't been bothered at all while the rest of the hospital was littered with bodies. The bodies he found outside that had been "put down" and covered with sheets seem to indicate the army had been there at some point.

And yeah, my first question to the guy/kid that first night probably would have been "wtf?".

His wing of the hospital had been barricaded off, presumably the zombies got pushed out and they sealed the wing to save whoever was still alive.

10. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I'm not really liking the faster walking zombies and how they can use tools. I'm worried it's going to be less of a "humans doing crazy shit when surrounded by horror" theme and more of a "Damn the zombies are going to eat us" show, which I'm not real interested in.

11. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

He can ask the question, but there's nobody who can tell him an answer. It would be kind of pointless. If they're following the theme of the book, they don't ask because they're focused on surviving. The people who ask those kinds of questions lose focus and die.

His wing of the hospital had been barricaded off, presumably the zombies got pushed out and they sealed the wing to save whoever was still alive.

thats fine,but come on you wouldnt ask?
    EVEN if you dont get an answer or nobody knows,you wouldnt ask?
    if he has time to take a shower and have a chat about his wife with the black guy he has time to ask.

12. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

thats fine,but come on you wouldnt ask?
    EVEN if you dont get an answer or nobody knows,you wouldnt ask?
    if he has time to take a shower and have a chat about his wife with the black guy he has time to ask.

The topic kind of came up with the black guy, said that the CDC was looking into it. If there had been more to tell, presumably he'd have spilled it, but he didn't.

I don't think it's really that big a plot hole, considering.

13. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

The topic kind of came up with the black guy, said that the CDC was looking into it. If there had been more to tell, presumably he'd have spilled it, but he didn't.

I don't think it's really that big a plot hole, considering.

i agree its not a big deal,but i agree at some point i would have asked

14. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I know. My point is that there would have been news broadcasts that the survivors would have seen and been able to fill him in on.

15. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Show still sucks, I hope they don't keep this shit sandwhich over Rubicon.

16. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

So, yeah. Do you all think Sara Tancredi took it up the pooper or what?

17. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Show still sucks, I hope they don't keep this shit sandwhich over Rubicon.

Provided that the shows are aired at different times of the year, what do you think?

18. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Provided that the shows are aired at different times of the year, what do you think?

I think I read somewhere that they were thinking about not picking up Rubicon for a season 2, and if Walking Dead did better they were going to run with it.

19. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Was the zombie outbreak caused by something that happened at the CDC? The show is located in Atlanta. There are military vehicles all over the place. Maybe Atlanta is ground zero??? The military came to fight the initial outbreak, etc..

I don't think that is covered in the comic... but maybe it will be discussed in the show.

20. denning

denning Senior member

I think I read somewhere that they were thinking about not picking up Rubicon for a season 2, and if Walking Dead did better they were going to run with it.

Walking Dead has already been picked up for a second season.