Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

Well that
    zombie blood smearing on yourself
    answered one of my post apocalyptic zombie questions.

the smearing scene sounded like rough sex

2. ppjjmm

ppjjmm Well-Known Member

So these zombies can use tools? (the zombie using the rock to break the glass) Isn't that against the zombie code or something? Really bothered me.

3. virus646

virus646 Senior member

Watched the first ep online yesterday, got hooked. The overall ambiance, the cowboy vibe, the music, most of the show is done so well and the actors are not terrible. Will we see the black guy and his son later in the show (for those that read the comic)? Also, is the second episode available online yet? Would really want to watch it tonight.

4. Psyren

Psyren Senior member

So these zombies can use tools? (the zombie using the rock to break the glass) Isn't that against the zombie code or something? Really bothered me.

Yeah that's pretty scary. Like that one zombie climbed that fence pretty quickly, and in the first episode Morgan's wife was trying to open the door using the doorknob which is smart for a zombie.

5. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

I really enjoy how the show is starting to stray away from the comics. It's starting to take a life of its own, but still remain faithful to the actual story. The spoiler everyone is talking about was one of my favorite comic moments.

Watched the first ep online yesterday, got hooked. The overall ambiance, the cowboy vibe, the music, most of the show is done so well and the actors are not terrible. Will we see the black guy and his son later in the show (for those that read the comic)? Also, is the second episode available online yet? Would really want to watch it tonight.

Not to spoil anything from the comics, but he does meet back up with that character, and it gets much more dramatic. Really good stuff.

6. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I was hopeful but that first episode BORED me.

I felt this way for about the first 2/3rds of the first episode, but the last half hour was pretty awesome. The comic book took a while to pick up steam as well - since they're not confined to a 2 hour format they don't really have to start off with a bang.

I'm meeting with a customer today at their corporate offices - a repurposed mall. Driving up from the back of the building, all we saw was a mall with all the doors and windows boarded over - y'all get one guess what it reminded me of.

7. virus646

virus646 Senior member

Can't wait for the protagonist to find out his old bro has taken his wife! It'll probably get messy.

8. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

I like that they can use tools. It harkings back to the master Romero. In dawn of the dead, and day of the dead, the zombies could use very simple tools in a crude fashion. His movies also introduced the concept of zombies retaining some sort of instinctual memory. Which explains the black guys wife coming back to the door.

Really looking forward to next weeks episode.

9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Maybe it'll show up again... but yes, he should have used it, perhaps at the end near the fence when they were getting the truck?

It's a good idea to have something solid and substantial between you and the grenade when it goes off, particularly when even a small scratch from a piece of shrapnel could infect you with the zombie slime you applied earlier.

10. Duff_Man

Duff_Man Senior member

I didn't know that blue training grenades were that dangerous [​IMG]

11. unjung

unjung Senior member

Well that
    zombie blood smearing on yourself
    answered one of my post apocalyptic zombie questions.

Disagree.

I think the real reason zombies can tell who's alive and who's dead is based primarily on temperature, not smell. Not sure what World War Z says (I think that's our best source of information on zombies at present).

12. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide never mentioned temperature I don't think.

13. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

Disagree.

I think the real reason zombies can tell who's alive and who's dead is based primarily on temperature, not smell. Not sure what World War Z says (I think that's our best source of information on zombies at present

How would that work without touching someone? Smell makes much more sense to me.

14. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

My biggest issue with the show from a plot perspective is that he still hasn't asked the obvious question as to WTF happened to the world in the month that he was in a coma.

15. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

My biggest issue with the show from a plot perspective is that he still hasn't asked the obvious question as to WTF happened to the world in the month that he was in a coma.

correct me if im wrong but in the comic they also never name the source of the infection?