The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. the_drizzle

the_drizzle Senior member

This is pretty close to how the graphic novel explains how zombies become herds.

They also mention that zombies tend to start following other zombies, so a herd walking through a city suddenly becomes much larger as it attracts the rest of the zombies.

Her back story is that she fenced in college. She explains that the zombies she had on chains were her father & boyfriend if i remember correctly and they eventually stopped trying to attack her...never fully explained.

2. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

it's actually her ex bf and his best friend. and she cut off their jaws/teeth and arms so they couldn't attack her, and eventually they just stopped trying. they act as deterrents to other zombies

3. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

OMG - is it too much to ask for a Zombie Carl on a leash???

4. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

wow that is badass

5. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

So my kid watched the first few min. of the show tonight. First words out of his mouth (in reference to the approaching Zombies)
    "first, its a horde not a herd"
    I thought of this thread.

6. gort

gort Senior member

So they can stay focused on a helicopter they caught a glimpse of indefinitely but they will stop trying to eat the delicious human right in front of them dragging them by a leash.

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

no arms and no jaw

8. gort

gort Senior member

I don't think the zombies would be smart enough to know they were missing teeth to eat with.

Anyways, a coworker explained it to me that in the book they are somehow trained to be obedient or something?

9. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

lol at the new title of this thread. I gave up on this show midway through last season but it's amusing to see that everyone is still watching despite the fact that nobody seems to like it.

10. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

I'd rather carry a spear with a very narrow point than a sword. You can keep the zombros at a distance and you just need to poke them in the head. Quicker attack time and you don't run the risk of the blade getting stuck in what-not-aries.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I really like the show, but it's also a lot of fun (for me) to complain about it.

Thought the new thread title is great too.

12. lefty

lefty Senior member

Quote:
    Oh to be young again and not know the difference between shit and shinola.

You don't get it, junior. I want the show to win, but every time they lay out another line of idiotic dialogue, a face-slapping plot device, or some WTF character action I want to kick the TV in the teeth.

They've been on the farm for a few months, and knowing that the stream is drying and the bad guys are probably looking for them they have no fortifications of any kind?

No supplies for a quick getaway? No rallying point? No defensive plan (other than headshots from moving cars with infinite ammo)? They stop on the road among a few hundred cars and decide to travel yet run out of gas?

Quote:
    I think it's a shamble of Zombies.

Hate this show. Can't wait for season 3 so I can hate it more.

Get out of here, Carl!.

lefty

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012

13. valium

valium Senior member

lol man you really get upset over this show,well i agree with you about not siphoning off any gas from the cars on the highway,or shit just look around which has the most gas in it and take it.
    speaking of cars/gas why they havent found a bus or greyhound and fortified it with some steel plates is beyond me.thats the first thing i would do,or shit just grab a tank or something.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012

14. lefty

lefty Senior member

Quote:
    Exactly ... Road Warrior that shit.

lefty

15. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Speaking of tanks, there was one in the first season. Sigh. Just watched the final two episodes, skipped everything since first two episodes. Had potential to end on a bag, but again stupidity reared its head again.

I have to agree with lefty about the whole farm house. Seriously, were the people there expecting to stay there forever? They were so keen on checking to make sure the perimeter was secure but failed to devise a plan if and when the zombies came? Like a meeting point if the group were to ever seperate. Ugh. So frustrating.