The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

...and yes, now they have superhuman strength?

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

t-dog is a nickname that a white person would think a black person would give himself.

excellent story writing.

3. landshark

landshark Senior member

That's true, but a black person would actually call himself t-dawg.

4. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Yeah, that would have been a lot better and completed a few mini-internal sotry arcs.
    As he is bleeding out: "we might be able to save him but we need to move now, Dale this is going to hurt like hell" Dale: " I'm not sure I can be a part of this world anymore"
    Looks at the blonde chick he kept from commiting suicide.
    Redneck: "sorry, brother"
    Bang.

It would have given the moment some relationship to the rest of the story beyond simply killing a major character.

5. justinsmnz

justinsmnz Senior member

This line by Rick's wife just made me say outloud "shut the fuck up already... jesus christ." A perfect example of the terrible writing:

When they're in the house debating whether or not to kill the kid, Hershel asks "Could you just drive him out further than last time?"

"You barely made it back last time. You could break down, there's walkers, you could get ambushed..." says Rick's interjects.

Oh really? They might run into trouble if they drive off the farm? No fucking shit.

Did the writers really think that was a line ANYONE would actually say in that situation? Even someone who hasn't seen a single episode of this show would already understand that.

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

The only scenes in this past episode that didn't feel like filler was the opening scene with Daryl listening to the kid's accounts of his group and Hershel giving Glenn his watch.

7. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

how to protect yourself from zombies:
    1) build a wall
    2) stack zombie corpses along wall (their blood masks the scent right?)
    ????
    PROFIT.

8. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

kid was retarded i agree, but i think i would've done equally stupid things in my day... so i have to forgive him on that.

kinda glad that dale kicked it but i'm also kinda sad that this was his best episode...

yeah a lot of stuff in this show doesn't make sense to me...

if i were in this show i would:
    1) pick daryl & glen
    2) pick sarah tancredi (for the other dudes) & glen's bang budy (for myself)
    3) do smarter stuff.
    4) survive *thumbs up*

9. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Carl is a fucking idiot. He should have been gone long ago. And his parents are also morons. How they trust such a dumb kid to walk alone. Poor dale; though he´s selfrighteousness was a tad annoying at times, he was a nice person, one of the few who seemed to have a little humanity left in him and he didn´t deserve to go that way. Man, getting his stomach opened by a zombie. It was a bit weird how strong that zombie was. I don´t imagine is that easy to rip a stomag open like that. Redneck, as per usual, is one of the few worthy characters.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

for how fucking retarded he is, his mom is 10x more retarded. i don't understand how she doesn't have him on a leash 24/7.

if i were rick, id have kicked lori's ass after carl walked into the barn just before the execution. it's her fucking job to make sure her retarded child doesn't continue doing retarded shit.

honestly, the story writing in this show is so insultingly bad and lazy.

11. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

yeah.. i gave up defending this show... i felt like this episode was yet another wasted filler.

at least the last two were decent episodes.

and like everyone said... man that zombie has got some strong ass hands. must've been a masseuse.

12. landshark

landshark Senior member

I wish they had executed Randall. The scene in the barn was getting pretty intense, and of course totally ruined by Carl. The sneak peek trailer for the next episode looks good too.

13. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I agree with the bolded.

I do feel the writers did a fairly good job in making the major point of the episode felt. What do you do in a situation like this? You have a mans life in your hands. This is not a trivial matter, zombie infested world or not. At least, I felt myself arguing and wondering if I would kill him or let him live which I believe has been the intent with Randall.

I also seriously don't understand how much dumb shit Carl gets into in a single fucking day. He really, really doesn't fucking GET it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

14. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I'm just going to assume that the zombies are evolving. And maybe ties in with the 2 sheriff zombies who didn't have any visible bite marks?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the disemboweled cow may have been the first instance we've seen of zombies eating animals instead of humans?

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

What did the scientist whisper to Rick at the CDC?!