The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. worakl

worakl Senior member

Am I cruel for thinking (and hoping?) that I wouldn't give a fuck about him "being a kid" in that situation? [​IMG]

2. valium

valium Senior member

Rick really is a fucking idiot,shane is right about him.he almost gets Glenn and Herschel killed for some mofo who only minutes earlier tried to kill them.for what,to have another liability who could invite even more liability by bringing his friends back.
    his balls may have dropped for a brief minute in the bar but they sure crawled back up there as soon as they gout out of the bar.
    in my opinion Rick is a liability,he will get someone killed eventually.
    another thing someone mentioned Andrea walking into the barn after the shootout,how do Rick and Shane as two enforement officers NOT CLEAR A ROOM after that? 'its the first thing in the fucking manual,clear the room!!!!!!!!
    aaaaaaaaaah this show drives me nuts how idiotic they are

3. javyn

javyn Senior member

Me too, but I find the idiocy to be completely believable. Hell, if the show was to be made more realistic, they'd be even more stupid, not less.

4. lefty

lefty Senior member

There is just so much idiotic writing. The Lori crash is a good example.

The guys go into town to get Herschel and bring him back. When those who stay behind discover that they have a medical problem and need Herschel, Lori hops into a car and drives in a mad panic after them. What was she going to say? "Hurry up, guys!"

She's driving along a deserted highway. Zombies move like molasses. She should be able to see one from a mile away but suddenly a zombie pops up in the middle of the road. Maybe you can make an argument that instinct made her swerve, but at this point they should be pretty good at running zombies down.

And how is it that on a deserted highway not one but two zombies are waiting, yet the farm with all it's noise, light, and hanging meat is a zombie-free zone?

Nothing new comes out of that scene - no character is advanced. We already know what Shane thinks of the baby and Lori.

Her turning into Lady Macbeth at the end was interesting, but they could have used the crash scene to set this up.

lefty

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Actually thought that was a very good episode. Don't get the dissapointment with their bringing back that douche with the fucked up leg. Clearly the show is split between assholes (Shane) and doves (Rick). Will be great to see how Lori's call to arms will play out between Rick and Shane. Funny how nearly everything is her fault. Daryl is right, "dumb bitch". Need to buy more popcorn to eat while watching this.

The show seems a little better compared to the fall episodes. Maybe it's the new writing staff?

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Lori truly is a dumb bitch.

7. justinsmnz

justinsmnz Senior member

Almost every line in this show makes me cringe. I honestly don't think the writers could write more forced or unnatural lines if they tried...

8. valium

valium Senior member

not to defend this sinking ship but the reason why the farm is zombie free is because of the river that surrounds it and they get stuck in the mud (hence the barn full of lasoo'd zombies)

9. lefty

lefty Senior member

It's an island?

Where are they getting the gas from?

lefty

10. valium

valium Senior member

well more like a creek really,didnt you see that one episode where the zombies were stuck? also herschel says thats the reason why there are no zombies on the farm,just surrounding it

11. lefty

lefty Senior member

Saw the ep, missed Herschel saying that.

How convenient.

lefty

12. valium

valium Senior member

well yes it is convenient,thats why they dont want to leave its safe. ( i know what you meant by convenient,but still)

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Still, though, the entire farm would have to be surrounded by the creek/mud, essentially turning it into a moat. I don't think that's the case.

Lazy writing.:censored:

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Good episode. I mean at this point, I'm so used to the bad (I.E. "You're having a baby? Why didn't anybody tell me?"; the group's stupid decisions) that it's a surprise when they have scenes that make the 50 minutes worth watching (siege at the bar especially). Pacing seems to have improved somewhat and there's actually some tension now.

15. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

at least at the beginning of the series, it made sense what they were doing...