The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

Forgot that this was the last episode until February 12th when they air S02E08 "Nebraska."

Just got hooked on this show two weeks ago after it appeared on Netflix watch instantly and blew through 11 of the 13 episodes. Watching the last two tonight. I'm the kinda guy who normally waits until a show is completely done before watching it (or at least has a good 4 season buffer to work with) because I hate breaks like this.

Not sure I want to read the comic until the show is done with either because I don't want any spoilers.

Reading this thread though has made me sad to learn that the comic doesn't offer an explanation for the reanimated dead because that leads me to believe the TV series won't address it either. I'm not expecting a full blown explanation or back-story of how it started, but just something to hint at what happened. Something on the periphery that maybe the characters come across in their travels to show a bio-weapon experiment gone wrong, or another "authority-type" figure like Doctor Jenner who can shed just a tiny bit of light on what happened. Something; anything.

There is still, of course, the whisper that needs to be answered; maybe my wish is in that little tid-bit. Although my suspicion though is that the writers just put it in and they have no idea yet what Jenner said to Rick.

2. javyn

javyn Senior member

As time goes on, I think this too.

Also, I'd rather not know how the zombie apocalypse came to be. Any explanation would only be lame. Aliens, government bomb/drug/weapon/whatever, supernatural, biblical, any explanation would just gay shit up IMO.

Same with ghost stories, they are great until they are explained, then they suck. For example, the suckfest known as Paranormal Activity 3.

3. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Dude, that's like totally plausible. And that is the only creek on earth that runs in a perfect circle of super mud.

4. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Finally a decent episode. Those last 5-10 minutes made up for a lot of bullshit emotions talking from past episodes, and this.
    Rick again proving how he´s the man by stepping up and putting one through zombie sophia´s head.

5. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

^

Might want to consider spoiler tagging that last statement.

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Whatever. DOn't read the thread until you're caught up or don;t mind spoilers. Shit was days ago.

SOPHIA GOT GOT IN THE FACE BY RICK!

7. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

sounds like the ending to some "adult entertainment"

8. Philip

Philip Senior member

sophia got snuffed

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

i've never really cared where the zombies came from -- although i think season 1 pretty strongly implies it's a virus/disease of some sort.

it makes me sad that this show is basically farmville: zombie edition :(

10. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I'll admit it...
    Sophia coming out of the barn caught me off guard
    It was a decent twist to an otherwise boring episode.

As crazy as Shane is...he really is the only person in the group I'd follow through a zombie apocalypse. (just make sure there is someone else slower than you ;)) Again, it was a bit crazy, but he proved his point quite well when he shot that walker in the chest, like, 5 times and it didn't go down. THEY ARE NOT ALIVE.

The thing Dale pulled with the guns...WHY WOULD YOU GET RID OF YOUR ONLY MAJOR SOURCE OF SELF DEFENSE IN A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. Dale needs to die...along with Andrea the Sniper.

Overall, the mid season finale did enough to keep my interest until February. I'm glad they'll finally be off that goddamn farm.

11. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Yeah, Dale proved he´s the stupidest character ever. I thought the black guy had achieved that position when he gave himself that big cut with the side of the car, but now here comes the old man throwing away the best thing they have to stop the zombies [​IMG]

12. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

ND ANOTHER THING....am I supposed to believe that Sophia
    was attacked by zombies but only bitten such that her entire insides weren't eaten out and she was completely in tact? The walkers have completely TORN APART every living thing they come across, but not this girl....just a little bite to the neck and she's good to go. :fu:

13. javyn

javyn Senior member

Was he throwing them away? I just thought he was hiding them from Shane?

14. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

This.

15. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Well thank god the Great Sofia Hunt is over. That's about the only decent way it could have ended but such lazy story frameworking.

In the comics (which I don't mind spoiling here since they're obviously not going to use this approach anymore),

they just chucked them in there with a distraction on the other end. Rick's group only found out about it when Hershel tried to add more and one of his people got bit and the walkers escaped. Hershel had to deal with his guilt at getting his own people killed because he couldn't deal with putting the walkers down