The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

then why would you make predictions? it's like saying you know how star wars episode III will end when 4,5 and 6 exist

2. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

because predictable show is predictable?

3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i think you're a bit dense upstairs. you are prognosticating on something for which there is already an arc

4. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

again, i made predictions based on what has gone on so far in the tv show so far.

there's already literature out for lets say game of thrones. you can still make predictions on what is going to happen in the story line for WHERE you are in that point in the story line.

it's done all the time. get off your high horse.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  5. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

6. virus646

virus646 Senior member

I knew i shouldn't have look at those memes before watching tonight's episode :(

7. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Pretty awesome episode. Pretty awesome that Hershel, those useless women and his useless son managed to force a few dozen undead/sick people into that barn. I wonder as they added new undead, how did they keep the others from bum rushing their way out?

Shane is such a douche. But is one of the more interesting characters.

No one really annoyed me this episode - except that blonde skank that boaned shane.

8. 76classic

76classic Senior member

I think Otis was in charge of loading the zombies in the barn. But good question of how they actually got them in there.

9. gort

gort Senior member

Easiest guess is do it while they're being fed which distracts them long enough to open the door to put more in.

10. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Tonight's episode started getting good at the last 5 mins. Otherwise, more snooze fest dialogue. How insane Shane is is completely unnecessary. Looks like the new episodes will focus on the survivors shooting themselves up...you know, despite the zombie apocalypse happening around them.

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Pretty decent. I figured about halfway through that Sofia would be in the barn, there was enough foreshadowing throughout the last few episodes. I assume Shane is of the mind that Rick will die of his own mistakes and that will clear the way for him in someway. I like the fact that at the end it was Rick who was willing to step up and put Sophia down.

They could have used a ramp or external stairs to put the walkers in the loft and then pushed them over. Maybe their are internal gates and corrals that allowed them to section of the interior.

Should be a decent next episode, will the group split or stay together?

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Eh. From what I understand the graphic novel is mainly about how humans deal with a zombie apocalyptic world. So I'm not suprised they're dealing more with character issues than zombie attacks in most episodes. The problem is the writing and acting is so forgettable that we want to see less talk and more zombie slaying.

Shane going ape shit is perfect I think. How the hell would you think if some woman you were shagging and possibly impregnated is like "screw you, maybe this baby is yours but I'm having it with my idiot, idealist of a husband. Oh but I want you to stay with the group because you're useful for saving us".

The whole scene with Rick helping "lead" the zombies into the barn only drove home how retarded he could be. I accept his reasons for agreeing to do so but from Shane's eyes (plus many of their group) he looks the fool.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  13. gort

gort Senior member

I've never read the comics but a coworker told me that....

shane is shot by Rick's son early on during the woods scene where Shane is pointing the gun at rick. I was waiting for someone to shoot Shane last night.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

shane is the only realistic character

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Sure, Teger. If you say so.