The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

My plan has always been to head to a beach house on the panhandle with a hurricane kit, the houses on stilts. Bring a shitload of ammo, cut off the stairs and sit on the balcony and shoot zombies through the head all day long. Or just reach down with a rigged-up spear and dispatch them that way. The hurricane kit will last you a week or so, then move along.

2. javyn

javyn Senior member

I figure Heston had the best plan in the beginning of the Omega Man.

I can out-wait some zombies, let them rot, then the world will be my oyster.

3. matik23

matik23 Senior member

How is Shane the most believable guy on the show?
    Season 2 premiere: "I'm outta here!" - Shane
    Episode 2-3: "Well I guess I can stick around."

Hurr durr, let us admire a stupid fucking deer while zombies are wandering about in the woods.

Darryl is the only one with his head on his shoulders, otherwise this show is just filled with corny fucking drama.

Lost. With. Zombies.

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

how is it like lost? lost is 'whoop another episode some miraculous shit occurs that we just are ok with'

5. javyn

javyn Senior member

I'm sure everyone would LIKE to be Darryl if something like this happened but be realistic, none of us are that badass. Shane is the most believable because he is so fucked up, like the rest of us.

Or do you guys honestly believe in white knights? heh.

It doesn't even take a zombie apocoalypse, look at how people act when their favorite sports teams lose a championship match.

Multiply that madness times a billion and you'd have a bunch of Shanes running the streets.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Sorry, shane is a tool. Bizzare some of you think you've got shane in you. No doubt if there's a zombie apocalypse there'd be shit heads like him running around but I wouldn't call him most believable. I think the show captures roughly what will happen and how different people would respond - you'd have responsible people acting responsibly, worthless children, worthless women whimpering about their now missing worthless children, selfish dickheads, etc.

Yes, the acting and writing are lazy but I don't think at root any characters are all that unrealistic. If you watch "The Road" most of the character types and scenarios are quite similar, minus the zombies and random fully stocked house with electricity and running water.

7. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Shooting a guy to save himself is believable. I like to think that I wouldn't do that but I can't say for sure. I can say I without a doubt that I would shoot the guy to save someone I loved, and I could probably justify doing it to save myself by thinking of the people that I need to be alive to protect.

But the attempted rape is just gross. It's hard to look at a real or fictional person the same way after you know they are capable of something like that.

8. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

It take s certain type of redneck to have a Zombie plan. Good on ya.

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

alleviates the guilt of actually killing him with his own hands

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

best chance an asian dude has in banging a hot white broad is a zombipocalypse

11. lefty

lefty Senior member

My guess is that people who get infected while at sea become mer-zombies. Islands may not be safe.

Nice call.

The Road was one of the best post-apocalyptic movies I've seen. There was a father doing exactly what he should within the confines of that world - keep his kid alive. Scavenge everything, kill when you have to, but mostly stay small and off the roads while moving in a generally vague direction. While there are some similarities, the differences in character action are enormous. Even if you would do things differently than the Viggo father, what he did made perfect sense for that character.

It's the difference between OMG I can't believe that character just did that and WTF why did that character just do that.

lefty

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i wish sometimes i hadn't read the road before seeing it and i'm glad i read blood meridian before they make a film. imo, the road was one of the most perfectly shot films i can recall, though i read it alone while my wife and kids were away and it was fucking truly terrifying.

13. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Ye, i don't think you can compare the father in the road to Rick in the series.

14. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

The difference is that The Road was written by one the best American authors of his time and Walking Dead is, well...

15. lefty

lefty Senior member

Read it under similar circumstances all the while feeling the joy leak out of me. When they made the movie I prayed they wouldn't fuck it up and to everyone's credit they stayed true to the book. Fantastic film.

lefty