The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Yeah I didn't mind this one. However, how does that house have electricity and running water (with serious water pressure)?

2. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

That last episode got good at the end: morally ambiguous actions, lots of stress, relentless zombie chases grinding down endurance instead of being speedy. I likes it.

^I also wondered why they have electricity and hot water, haha.

3. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Just watched the latest episode. Finally, a little moral ambiguity in a world where almost everything has gone to hell. I hope they keep this up.

4. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

They do need to resolve the Sofia plotline though. It's getting sort of tedious.

5. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

I kind of hope they find her mangled corpse in the woods.

6. javyn

javyn Senior member

+1

Also, I really like Shane's character. He's probably my favorite, was last season too. Yeah, what he does is awful, but I always find myself giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think he'd be like most people in that situation.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011

7. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

That's the thing about shane. He understands that the world has gone to shit, and he's making decisions that i feel are more honest than most of these characters are. Otis was no one to shane. He may have been a good man, but at the rate they were going, they both would have been dead. if they die, Carl dies. He made the best decision in that scenario (although you could ague he could have shot oris in the head, but whatever).

This is why I can't stand rick's white knight persona. He is probably the most boring protagonist on television.

8. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

The zombies are running the power and water plants now, and I see they're actually doing a good job of it. I'm imagining a sort of Shaun of the Dead
    scenario in which zombies can be sources of constant and cheap labor.

Yes, it is. It's going nowhere, just looking, looking, looking. They've used it as a device to explain meeting new people and finding new things, but it's run its course.

9. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

HTF does the kid have no IVs or anything set up post-op?

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

Seriously though how in the fuck does that farm have electricity and running water? Electricity I can see from a generator, but running water? And hot water to boot?

11. Zachgranstrom

Zachgranstrom Senior member

+1
    The only character that seems to realistically do what many would do to survive. Was it cold? Yes, but it kept him alive.

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Well, running water would be the easiest of the three. either the well is higher than the house and it's pure gravity feed or they somehow pump it into a water tank. The hot water would be from a propane water heater or from a boiler/solar heater combination of some kind. Again, simple old school tech. The power would be the hardest b/c you'd need to keep feeding the generator. Of course they could have solar panels and batteries. But whatever the case they would conserve their power a hell of a lot more than they are.
    But if we want to talk unrealistic, WHAT THE FUCK IS KEEPING THE ZOMBIES AT BAY!!??? Why are all the windows open, why are their no defenses of any kind?

Half the fun of a show like this is imagining how you would survive but these guys are doing absolutely nothing right.

That said, the last episode was the best of the season, Shane is a sick psyco but that is a bit more realistic and fun.
    I totally thought the hot farmers daughter was going to fuck the little Asians brains out on the porch. Instead we got God talk. Oh well.

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

14. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

What like trying to rape his best friends wife and being on the verge of shooting said best friend in the back? Shane is a dirt bag.

15. javyn

javyn Senior member

Yeah and so are most people. He's the most believable character in the show. If you were facing a zombie apocalypse in real life, you'd either be A) Shane; or B) dead. heh.