• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That whole, "I met a scientist in CDC. He said....(long pause)....doesn't matter...." was hilarious. I've never seen a more transparent method of with-holding details from the audience.

Hahaha! I thought the same thing. At first I thought he was actually going to reveal what was said, which I thought would have been awesome since it goes against what you'd expect. But alas...

I still enjoy this show and I don't mind suspending belief and putting up with bad acting to do it. The writers and directors care about entertaining their audience and that is good enough for me. As much as a show like the "Sopranos" had superb acting and amazing writing, I hated every single one of the characters and felt like the creator of the show did as well. Why put yourself through that every week when you can actually have fun watching a show like "The Walking Dead"?*

*Note that I don't mind misanthropic entertainment in small and select doses.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This show gets worse by the minute. I'll accept a world of zombies, but what I won't accept is stupid people continually doing stupid things.

Why are they still driving around in a winnebago (that breaks down every second episode) when they are sitting in what seems to be a parking lot of relatively new cars presumably with the keys in the ignitions?
For that matter, why are they driving around in soft top jeeps and motorcycles?
Why would you take a gun away from a girl in fear that she may hurt herself but then send her off into Zombie Woods without so much as a pen knife?
Why the hell isn't everyone armed to the teeth?
Why would two guys on the hunt for medical supplies stop beside an ambulance and not check it out before they wade through Zombie-infested waters?

This is just poor writing - they're smart or stupid, whichever is needed to advance the plot.

Anyway, a little back story on Darabont's firing: Story note from AMC, "Can we just have the audience hear the zombies sometimes to save on makeup?"

lefty

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Hahah, i keep making excuses for the show yeah it's certainly isn't the best but it's fun. What I don't like is the lack of likeable characters. That's how I rate shows. Apart from the redneck I don't really care for any of the characters.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh... after yesterday's debacle... i'm going to need to join you guys in hating on this show...

i hope that it picks up. the first thriller ending this season got me... second one is "eh"

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
a better question is how the **** is that farmhouse around? its protected by like 3 strands of barbed wire? are they just lucky? what the ****?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a terrible location but they needed either dead zombies littered everywhere or a big neat pile. Sloppy.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
i loved the first season of this show but these last two episodes have bene so meh.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just caught up, I like it so far, but man, keeps me on the edge of my seat. I thought the black dude's arm getting cut qualified as the most gut wrenching scene ever, then I made it to the surgery scene in ep 2....YIKES.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score

Just caught up, I like it so far, but man, keeps me on the edge of my seat. I thought the black dude's arm getting cut qualified as the most gut wrenching scene ever, then I made it to the surgery scene in ep 2....YIKES.

yea that arm cutting scene was pretty cringe-worthy

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This show gets worse by the minute. I'll accept a world of zombies, but what I won't accept is stupid people continually doing stupid things.

Why are they still driving around in a winnebago (that breaks down every second episode) when they are sitting in what seems to be a parking lot of relatively new cars presumably with the keys in the ignitions?
For that matter, why are they driving around in soft top jeeps and motorcycles?
Why would you take a gun away from a girl in fear that she may hurt herself but then send her off into Zombie Woods without so much as a pen knife?
Why the hell isn't everyone armed to the teeth?
Why would two guys on the hunt for medical supplies stop beside an ambulance and not check it out before they wade through Zombie-infested waters?

This is just poor writing - they're smart or stupid, whichever is needed to advance the plot.

lefty

a better question is how the **** is that farmhouse around? its protected by like 3 strands of barbed wire? are they just lucky? what the ****?

Good points all around. I'll add to Teger's question: why is it that it seems every door AND window shown in that farmhouse is left open? Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. I may well stop watching this show soon...just too many illogical plot points for me to suspend my disbelief if this continues. Too bad.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why wouldn't boondock's loud ass motorcycle attract hordes of zombies?

this was what i was wondering.... i was half expecting zombies to tackle his ass actually

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't like how they sped up the zombies. They're supposed to be REALLY slow, like you don't even need to run to stay ahead of them. They just never get tired, so it made them more of an existential/endurance threat. The ones on the show are halfway between fast zombies and shamblers. Just like the rest of the show, they can't make up their damn minds.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, they seemed to get faster near the end of the 2nd episode when the two dudes were getting chased. Never saw the zombies run that fast before.

Show ******* sucks now.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads