The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. javyn

javyn Senior member

I doubt it....

2. worakl

worakl Senior member

What's with the zero activity in this thread?

Loved the first episode. Cliffhanger of the year. [​IMG]

3. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

That kid died like a chump.

4. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

Pretty good show. I've enjoyed it so far but it certainly has some glaring flaws.

Pros:

Fantastic premise that is well executed.
    Masterful use of suspense throughout the series so far.

Cons:

The acting varies from mediocre (Rick, Shane, Darryl) to bad (black guy, Dale)
    The women are, without any exceptions, useless and annoying. They could all be devoured and I think the plot would be richer for it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

5. gort

gort Senior member

- How do five dozen lumbering zombies sneak up on you on an open stretch of freeway?

- Why are all these dead people sitting in their cars? Did they starve to death waiting for traffic to clear up?

6. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

They could have come onto the freeway from the woods, but they did seem pretty ill-prepared for it.

7. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

man this show gives me so much stress.... ARE THEY GOIGN TO LIVE? OR WILL THEY DIE?

8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yeah, that really pissed me off that they're on an open stretch of highway and above the wood's ground level and still didn't spot the zombies. Not to mention, the old dude (still don't know his name) was on top of the RV with binoculars looking EXACTLY for HORDES OF ZOMBIES. God that just pisses me off. I very much would have preferred to not have seen the zombies and awesome make-up effects because there was no excuse for them to get ambushed just like that.

HOW CAN YOU MISS THAT?!

9. lefty

lefty Senior member

I'm hoping for death.

Poor episode.

From the vantage point of the RV he could have seen them shambling for miles but they snuck up on him? Unnecessary to lead the two zombies away from the girl if it is so easy to bash in their heads. Pretty much wanted to kill the host of Talking Dead.

Other than makeup I'm not sure what this show has going for it.

lefty

10. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

i could see it happening

it looks like they were there for hours at least... OWG (i don't know his name so his name from now on will be "OWG": Old White Guy) got bored and lost focus on the task at hand.

rick might have led the girl away so that the girl doesn't see him bash the zombies heads in? (idk) or it looked like he wanted to get some distance on one of them before bashing their skulls in... as evidenced by the time gap between the two zombies

also: remember the other zombie was on the hill outcropping... could easily take a dive and start chomping at either rick or the girl

acting is pretty poor but the suspense in this show is A++

looking at the season 2 episode preview during the credits,(...)
    it looks like the kid is dead

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

The thing that drives me crazy about shows likes this is how unprepared the characters are and remain. Why in fucks name are they not all armed all the time? They wander around with not so much as a knife or a big stick. They live in constant danger but have not managed to scrounge up enough weapons? And why are they still driving those piece of shit cars? All the cars in the world to choose from and tehy have a POS RV and an old Bronco. I'm thinking a diesel and a regular gas powered vehicle and I'd choose ones that get good miliage. Maybe a few dirt bikes as part of the convoy and to scout ahead.
    And when you're stuck in strange country, stay the fuck inside or up on top of something.

bah

12. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

This is an inherent problem with zombie movies. In reality, zombies wouldn't be all that dangerous - an unintelligent, slow-moving, opponent with poor motor skills and no organization. So, you have to make the characters act unbeievably stupid in order to make them pose a risk. Just sit back and enjoy.

13. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Yeah my head was scratching over some of the plot holes: The girl looked behind her a few times before trying to crawl from underneath the car. Where did the zombie that came after her come from? The whole surprise "herd". I thinking leading the zombies away from the girl before attacking them made some sense. Anyway, I don't think too hard about the show. It' s suspensful and fun. From the previews I don't think the kid will die. It'll be cool if they never found the girl again (without any traces as to what happened to her).

14. gort

gort Senior member

The blonde chick who was amazingly sexy on the x-files is annoying me very much.

15. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Agreed.

ftfy