The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. landshark

landshark Senior member

Shane is a little bitch. Not a leader at all. They show up at CDC and there's no one there and he starts to harangue the lead character and the doctor. [​IMG]

Like I said, he has fallen pretty far. The first few episodes before Rick came back he was doing well leading the group. He is pretty pathetic at the moment.

2. Nananine

Nananine Senior member

I liked the episode, but it was kind of silly and out of place of the overall story. Jenner's dramatic monologues especially.

3. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

What Did The Doctor Whisper To Him???

Would you like a jelly baby?

4. montecristo#4

The pregnancy thing is entirely possible, but really, did he run that test? Did he also test for herpes, influenza, and diabetes??

Considering he didn't know if the zombie disease was a virus, bacteria, or fungus, I wonder how he could test for it?

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Looking for any anamolies in the blood?

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

how the heck can they not know if its viral, fungal, or bacterial. just doing a blood test and checking wbc count should be a pretty big clue. cdc is not that incompetent.

7. madstaxbro

madstaxbro Senior member

Considering he didn't know if the zombie disease was a virus, bacteria, or fungus, I wonder how he could test for it?

I didn't get to watch the season finale but from the Wildfire episode and how he was experimenting with the TS-19 sample leads me to think he knew what it was. Or at least how to identify it.

8. montecristo#4

I didn't get to watch the season finale but from the Wildfire episode and how he was experimenting with the TS-19 sample leads me to think he knew what it was. Or at least how to identify it.

Yeah, you would think. That's why I thought his statement about not even knowing what it was was idiotic. Plus then he gave the impression that the French were close to a solution.... Wouldn't they have shared what they were doing if they were in communication?

Anyway, I am normally pretty good about suspending disbelief but this whole episode in the CDC was a bit stupid.

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

how the heck can they not know if its viral, fungal, or bacterial. just doing a blood test and checking wbc count should be a pretty big clue. cdc is not that incompetent.

So unrealistic that the military that destroyed the Nazis and Japs is overwhelmed by zombies. Stoopid show [​IMG]

10. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

So unrealistic that the military that destroyed the Nazis and Japs is overwhelmed by zombies. Stoopid show [​IMG]

Might not have been zombies per se. Figure there was probably plenty of rioting and mobs of non-zombies converging on the cities and probably on the CDC. Things get out of hand, people get shot and suddenly you have mobs of humans + zombies all at once. Military morale was probably low and desertion was probably high.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Might not have been zombies per se. Figure there was probably plenty of rioting and mobs of non-zombies converging on the cities and probably on the CDC. Things get out of hand, people get shot and suddenly you have mobs of humans + zombies all at once. Military morale was probably low and desertion was probably high.

Really? You guys shit on the show for every single "unrealistic" thing and that's your best answer as to why the military didn't come to grips with the infestation by quarantining the area? I guess it'd be helpful to know what caused the infestation but wow.

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

By the way, why hasn't the show answered where zombie take dumps after devouring flesh???

13. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Actually, I'd say it's very sound speculation on the military's failure. If the military had seen it coming, they may have been able to stem the downfall, but it sounds like it was extremely sudden, hence the complete inability to mobilize effectively, let alone prepare.

14. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

Really? You guys shit on the show for every single "unrealistic" thing and that's your best answer as to why the military didn't come to grips with the infestation by quarantining the area? I guess it'd be helpful to know what caused the infestation but wow.

When did I "shit on the show for every single "unrealistic" thing"?

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Actually, I'd say it's very sound speculation on the military's failure. If the military had seen it coming, they may have been able to stem the downfall, but it sounds like it was extremely sudden, hence the complete inability to mobilize effectively, let alone prepare.
    Plus, if there's one thing slower than a zombie, it's tactical chain of command/bureaucracy. "do I shoot these things?" "hold position while we come up with a cover our own ass strategy to explain why the U.S. military is shooting what appear to be unarmed civilians"