The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Isn't there a chic with dreads in this?

Yes, but she arrives much later.

2. mgoose

mgoose Senior member

I am beyond stoked for this tv series, I may have to pick up a hardbound edition of the comic series as well. It seems right up my ally.

3. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Boy, AMC certainly is getting bold. This seems like a rather unlikely -- and expensive -- choice of a next series. If it's NOT all zombies, I'll give it a shot.

4. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

If it isn't strictly zombies I may watch, I just can't do this post-apocalyptic zombies all over the place eating brains stuff.

I think you'll be surprised. There's certainly pleanty of zombie stuff, if only to appease those who enjoy that genre, but some of the more disturbing moments are carried out by regular people. The whole premise is about how a huge event can change people. If you've ever seen The Road, you could easily make some comparisons to this story. Supposedly, the author never read/watched The Road in order to avoid any similarities, but you could still find a couple parallels.

5. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

oh and yeah doesnt the 5th pic down from top look like Jim Carrey?

I thought he looked like Kevin Bacon.

6. mgoose

mgoose Senior member

I think you'll be surprised. There's certainly pleanty of zombie stuff, if only to appease those who enjoy that genre, but some of the more disturbing moments are carried out by regular people. The whole premise is about how a huge event can change people. If you've ever seen The Road, you could easily make some comparisons to this story. Supposedly, the author never read/watched The Road in order to avoid any similarities, but you could still find a couple parallels.

I've always thought of The Road as a zombie story. I'm a fan of the genre, but more based on post-apocalyptic survival than anything else, and I have to say that reading The Road freaked me out more than any zombie movie, simply because everything had stopped growing on the planet so the end of all life was inevitable, at least with most Zombie stories you have the glimmer of hope for the survival of the human race.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Boy, AMC certainly is getting bold. This seems like a rather unlikely -- and expensive -- choice of a next series. If it's NOT all zombies, I'll give it a shot.
    Teach, check out the 1st volume of comics at the library. I guarantee you'll find it interesting enough to give the TV show a shot.

8. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Who's the black guy supposed to be? I don't remember there being anyone in the comic who stayed behind.

10. ctrlaltelite

looks like Morgan Jones and his son Duane.

11. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

quick question to the comic readers,did the comic come out before 28 days?
    im wondering if they ripped off the waking up in hospital part,or if 28 days ripped off the books.
    still looks very good

12. ctrlaltelite

i think there's only a year between the two, iirc the movie was out before the first issue was printed. aside from the fact that both protagonists wake up in a hospital there's very little similarities between the two. TWD plays up more of the aspect of humans capable of being every bit as cold and vicious as the zombies, it's hard to find someone to root for.

13. bigasahouse

bigasahouse Senior member

October 31st! Can't wait.

14. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

15. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

avid reader of the book, although my interest has been waning for the past few months.
    if the writing is true to the source material, this should be an amazing show.