The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. CTfunk

CTfunk Well-Known Member

Previews for the finale look interesting, those who commented on the surviving blonde may get their wish, possibly?

In regards to the US army question, I believe this will eventually get answered...

Excellent series.

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

That blonde chick should have been bleeding out of her ear after shooting that pistol right beside her head. Same thing with the shot fired inside the tank in the first episode. Those hand cannons will make your ears ring for days when shot outdoors without hearing protection. Inside is devastating. This may seem nitpicky to some, but why not get it right?

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

that scene with the microscope [​IMG]

please

4. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

that scene with the microscope [​IMG]

please

what's the problem?

5. milosz

milosz Senior member

That blonde chick should have been bleeding out of her ear after shooting that pistol right beside her head. Same thing with the shot fired inside the tank in the first episode. Those hand cannons will make your ears ring for days when shot outdoors without hearing protection. Inside is devastating. This may seem nitpicky to some, but why not get it right?

The blonde doesn't exactly have a hand-cannon - it's a third generation S&W 9mm by looks, which would be painful but is not exactly a beast.

What bothers me is the selectiveness of the pain. Tons of gunfire in the open, or the hunting rifle in the upstairs bedroom, etc. - nothing, not even momentary deafness. In the tank (which would be markedly worse, but not entirely different) it nearly makes him pass out.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

what's the problem?
    when he saw through the microscope. that was the cheesiest cg effects ever. not to mention looking at individual dna strands through a light microscope [​IMG]. i guess the suspension of disbelief comes undone at different things for people. it's funny. we're ok with believing that zombies could exist, but when a gun is fired from a close distance and people's eardrums don't pop or a light microscope shows dna strands separating (not to mention that the zombie dna is less than 30 nucleotides long [​IMG]) we disbelieve the story and come back to the real world

7. juicemakesugar

juicemakesugar Senior member

I had never seen such images in my life time. Heart toughing Scared words . No words for me to this dead walking images and information. I don't have any knowledge about walking dead And now came to know after reading your this information and images.

What he/she/heshe said. The Walking Dead hardcover books were given to me a year ago as a present and so far hasn't strayed from the source material except for this CDC Saves Us All detour (corny) and Michael Rooker but it's good seeing him get some work.

8. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

when he saw through the microscope. that was the cheesiest cg effects ever. not to mention looking at individual dna strands through a light microscope [​IMG].

i guess the suspension of disbelief comes undone at different things for people.

it's funny. we're ok with believing that zombies could exist, but when a gun is fired from a close distance and people's eardrums don't pop or a light microscope shows dna strands separating (not to mention that the zombie dna is less than 30 nucleotides long [​IMG]) we disbelieve the story and come back to the real world

It's funny, but people have always had a problem with this. The way I see it, we're totally ok with suspending our disbelief on big issues. We just make a frame of reality that includes the "holy-shit-not-real" factor. In this case, I believe this reality is exactly our own, with the inclusion of zombies. Now, everything that fits inside this narrative, must conform to it. We allow zombies and stuff, but if suddenly cars exploded when the tires are shot, we'd be pissed.

As such, the whole microscope scene was funny to me......

Plus the whole "army as expendable" to me is odd. I mean, sure the zombies will attack them in much greater number, but really, not one group seems to have survived yet.

9. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

10. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

It's unrealistic, oddly paced and poorly written. It's still a lot of fun. I'll go along for the ride.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

You people are insufferable. Why would a TV show be realistic?

12. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

You people are insufferable. Why would a TV show be realistic?

+1

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

They do accurately portray Atlanta.

14. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

did the doctor/scientist say that the french were the last to hold out as far as he knows?
    VIVE LA FRANCE!!!
    VIVE LA FRANCE!!!

15. gladhands

gladhands Senior member