1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. gort

gort Senior member

The firework explosion was bad but other than that I liked it. The firing from the hip was dumb also.

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

Trying to decide if it was just mostly stupid or completely fucking stupid.

I guess it doesn't matter to some, but a taste for fava beans and a nice chianti is a huge fucking breakdown in human mores just two years into the zombie apocalypse. Especially when you remove necessity as animals are still there for the taking.

Honestly, how fucking hard is it to write some decent anthropophagites? Watch The Road.

lefty

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

The scene in the cabin where the big black guy kept staring at a puff of smoke only to allow the tied up douche to threaten the baby's life was :fu:

Nice to see only big black guys can single handedly kill a bunch of zombie. :slayer:

4. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

I went back to watch the last episode with Merle just for kicks. That episode was pretty solid. I don't hold this show to extremely high standards, they take the easy way pretty regularly, but overall I find it enjoyable.

For instance....how exactly did they fend off the road warrior rapists with what they had available in the container car?

I actually find side plots like the baby thing to be more annoying than how they manage to get out of everything all the time in such a convenient manner. Did Tyreese really need to be egged on to kill that dude, and Carol, who was willing to bomb the termites, really didn't want to dispatch that dude before heading out?

Also if the world turned to that level of shit so quickly I would be slightly more suspect of new people and 'sanctuaries'.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

So many hot chicks in the post-zombie apocalypse. Just had to put it out there.

6. javyn

javyn Senior member

Such a terrible show, but you all still watch it, 5 years in, and are still surprised by it. I think most of you are bitching just to read yourselves bitch. Stick with Downton Abbey or whatever, heh.

Or better yet, write a zombie show where the outbreak occurs on planet Vulcan, so you can be assured everyone acts completely logically.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    2 people like this.
  7. Neo_Version 7

It's mostly just lefty. I kinda get why he bitches (and it's not because of the "logical" reasons he proposes after every episode). It's just the fact that it's a popular show and what better way to stand out than to constantly complain/hate/bitch about it? :lol:

8. javyn

javyn Senior member

I guess I shouldn't judge him. I like to constantly rag on superhero crap and its fans. Like when everyone freaked out about Affleck playing Batman, my response was IT'S A GUY IN A FUCKING BAT SUIT WHO GIVES A SHIT?

9. Neo_Version 7

Well, unless you've patrolled the Batman thread for the past 5 years spewing your anti-Bats spiel on every page, not quite the same. But I get it. :nodding:

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Welcome to the internet; nice to see you're finally figuring out how it works.

Is your mom the lead writer or something?

:rimshot:

11. javyn

javyn Senior member

Oh I get my digs in when I can. Mainly IRL when my con tard friends con tard out.

You do realize you are talking to King Troll right

12. lefty

lefty Senior member

lefty, why do you watch TWD if you hate it so?

Because it feels good when I stop.

-----------------------

I want the show to win. I want it to be great. But I keep running up against its stupidity. I hate shitty writing where they play loosey goosey with character or antagonist just to advance a plot or film a cool scene. Case in point, the trough scene. If you're bringing cattle to slaughter why would you knock it out with gas only to revive it before you kill it? Answer - so your heroes can escape.

I praise it when the show does something right, like hire Melissa McBride. I was the first to comment positively on her Lizzie episode.

TL;DR

You guys are so mean.

lefty

13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Yep, thus the obligatory mom joke and :rimshot:

14. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Lefty, if you can't even recognize the good episodes, the show isn't for you.

15. Neo_Version 7

He wants it to be good though. And he's invested 5 years of life, dammit!

1 person likes this.
  16. lefty

lefty Senior member

Help an old feller out ... which are the good ones again?

lefty

17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

You know that one that was just on?

That ain't one of 'em.

18. lefty

lefty Senior member

19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

20. lefty

lefty Senior member

Love those guys.