Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Caustic Man, Mar 27, 2013.
Looks pretty good. Will contact you shortly to try a shirt or two.
Thanks JP - Looking forward to it!
I usually try to keep them covered in public, but you have no idea how awesome they are.
this is pretty interesting...so basically this is a MTO polo shirt operation? i like the options although they kind of make me dizzy.
i might be the only one so far who likes the shorter sleeve. my favorite/best fitting polo is a Casino Royale Sunspel that has shorter sleeve lengths...i recently bought a couple more of these and was very disappointed about how poor the quality and fit have become since they moved production to Turkey, so i'm kind of looking for something that would approximate the original shirt (the made in England version produced around 2006-2007)
Caustic Man's fit looks pretty good except i would taper the sides a bit and i would prefer the collar to be different from that soft spread thingy. is that possible?
Looks like good stuff... a few questions:
1) will the polos shrink if washed / dried?
2) where are they made?
3) I don't see the english spread collar mentioned in OP online?
Couple things we can do for you. We can have you measure the vintage Sunspel for us to recreate (I can send you the 4 to 5 important points to measure OR our slim fit is fairly close to Casino Royale Specs) We can send one out to you to try on, then we can further make modifications to our slim fit based on your style preferences (ie taper sides, shorten front length, and yes we can adjust point spread on collar to a standard spread). Make sense? ping me and we can discuss offline [email protected]
Great set of questions:
1) Our polos should shrink less than 1%. See image of our side by side washing tests with our fabrics (on right) and standard cotton. This was after 20 wash/dry cycles.
But I would say, throwing any cotton knit into a hot wash cycle with high heat drying will pretty much destroy it. Cold water with gentle dry low heat should not effect our sizing.
2) Current production is in Thailand. Thai factories, in general, produce some of the highest quality knit products in the world. They have high degree of skills in sourcing, handling, and sewing cotton knits. Our particular factory produces for Burberry, Hugo Boss, Fred Perry and a host of other luxury brands.
3) Ping me for spread option, we are currently only offering this to our luxury retail partners and of course, the Style Forum family
Hope this helps!
Check Out this article in Business Bee
Our Black Friday Sale starts TODAY - Design Your Own Polos starting at $59
Some recently deigned polo shirts built by customers - thoughts?
A new opportunity to get a free perfectly fitting Vastrm Polo Shirt! Check out the Design Your Own Polo Shirt Competition for more details.
We have just re-launched our Home Try On Program and now it is FREE! Take the first steps to getting your perfect fit
Separate names with a comma.