• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unofficial Spier & Mackay B-S-T Thread

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Judging by the measurements on the website the slim jackets run shorter than the contemporary jackets for all Neo jackets. Is that true irl? Doesn't make sense, since there's the possibility to opt for S rather than R if you want to adjust the length.

Yes, but the difference is tiny like 0.5cm - I hardly think you would notice it.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan is after the contemporary, so am I. I think he previously had the slim but sold it as it came up tight.

You got it, looking for a 40R contemp. Specifically from the FW18 batch.

Judging by the measurements on the website the slim jackets run shorter than the contemporary jackets for all Neo jackets. Is that true irl? Doesn't make sense, since there's the possibility to opt for S rather than R if you want to adjust the length.
Yes, but the difference is tiny like 0.5cm - I hardly think you would notice it.

Here is my understanding.

The difference between slim and contemp is 1cm in length, even for standard cut. Neo adds 1cm again on top of either slim or contemp. So longest would be a neo contemp, shortest would be regular cut slim.

jje126

Reaction score
Gauging interest:

Got my eye on something and need to free up funds quickly...

I’ve got one of the new zanieri polo coats size 38 burgundy herringbone. Unworn and unaltered. Would move it for $420 shipped conUSA...
And here are a couple photos:

Deal I had for this fell through. It’s available again. Worn once for a couple hours. $380.

Last edited:

chiggyv

Reaction score
Grey Donegal Sportcoat in 40R Contemporary - Asking $200 CDN net + shipping at cost

Worn 3 times. No signs of wear.

20191129_083542.jpg

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone's looking to get the polo coat, I have the pretty much new Zanieri navy polo coat from last year. Bought at full price and wore like 5 times. Selling as it's not practical for me driving. Size 38S

Because of the weight I can probably ship within Canada for 450 CAD. Still cheaper than new one with 20% code.

Also, I sitll have Core Navy Suit in 38S slim that I can do 250 CAD shipped.

Last edited:

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
Still up for grabs (US only, please!):

Sage Green Linen/Silk pants (28 slim), 1" let out in the seat, hemmed to 32.5" inseam, 2" cuffs, with 4.5" to let out: $65

L.S. Polos (charcoal & forest green, size XS) - $30 for both

Grey Check wool trousers (FW '17, size 30 slim, hemmed to a 32 inseam, 2" to let out) - $50

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got last year's Green Merino V-Neck sweater in Medium for sale. Worn twice - and then I grew out of it! $50 CAD.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Bumping. Send me offers!
Hi all,

Listing quite a few items. Some are NWT, some are used but all are in great condition unless otherwise indicated.

NWT ITEMS:
1. SC - 40R contemporary blue/brown windowpane linen-wool jacket – 175$+S&H
2. SC – 38R contemporary Luigi Botto Waffle sport coat from last year – triple patch. - $199+S&H
3. PANTS - 36 slim linen tobacco minnis pants – 65$+S&H
4. PANTS – 35 contemporary khaki lightweight chino - $22+S&H
PREOWNED ITEMS:
1. Suit – 38 contemporary tropical wool navy blue suit – Jacket had sleeves shortened about ¼ inch on each side, otherwise unaltered. Pants are NWT 32 contemporary. - $175+S&H
2. SC – 38 contemporary navy with red windowpane zignone jacket– was a previous F&W jacket – used but in great condition - $125+S&H
3. SC – 38 contemporary neapolitan E Thomas rust with blue check – only had sleeves shortened about ¼ inch and one button removed on the sleeves so it is now both sleeves only have 3 buttons (not the original 4). Barely used and in great condition - $199+S&H

Open to offers, especially if buying multiple items. Thanks! Please ask any questions through here or PM me.

View attachment 1282003 View attachment 1282004 View attachment 1282005 View attachment 1282006 View attachment 1282007 View attachment 1282009 View attachment 1282010 View attachment 1282011

james.darley

Reaction score
Still looking to move the 32 slim VBC cream flannel. Dropping to $55 OBO.

Two fall items for sale:

View attachment 1255319 View attachment 1255321
1. Brisbane Moss Lovat Moleskin - 38 Slim - $110 USD shipped CONUS

No alterations and worn twice. Unfortunately a bit snug in the shoulders.
  • 100% Cotton Moleskin from Brisbane Moss.
  • Unstructured
  • 2 Button Front
  • Unpadded, Spalla Camicia Shoulder
  • Patch Pockets
View attachment 1255323 View attachment 1255322
2. VBC Cream Flannel - 32 Slim - $75.00 shipped CONUS
  • Waist - 33" with .5" taken in from original 33.5"
  • Thigh - 25.3"
  • Inseam - 32.5" total
  • Rise - 9.8"
  • 1.5" cuff
  • Side adjusters
Completely unworn.

adelorenzo

Reaction score
I'm the market for 40L fall/winter sport coats, tweed or flannel. Ideally browns or grays but open to other possibilities just not anything blue.

If you want to move anything out of your closet hit me up. Shipping is to Canada.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics