• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unofficial Spier & Mackay B-S-T Thread

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Short Guys Alert

Available for sale is a royal blue Spier and Mackay suit in Size 36S Contemporary, with the trousers in Size 32 Contemporary. Pictures are provided below, but the colour is best represented here on Spier's website.

I don't remember the exact cut of this suit, but because this was purchased in 2016, I don't think the Neapolitan cut was around at that point. In terms of alterations, I remember that I hemmed the pants, let out the jacket (I don't remember by how much, because this was done four years ago) and most likely shortened the sleeves from the shoulder (if the S&M sleeves lengths are any indication). Of course, compare it with another suit jacket or sportcoat to see if the measurements work for you. For reference, I'm between 5"4 and 5"5, and normally wear a 36S in tailoring and Size Small in most brands.

I've worn it less than ten times. I will include the hanger and a Spier & Mackay suit cover.

Measurements are as follows :

Suit Jacket

Chest: 19.375 in
Waist: 18.25 in
Shoulder: 17 in
Sleeve (Shoulder to Cuff): 22.75 in
Length: 29.25 in

Trouser

Waist: 16.75 In
Length (outside waist to hem): 37.5 in
Inseam: 27.5 in
Rise: 11.125 in

I'm asking for $160 USD including shipping OBO via F&F to Canadian and American residents. International residents, please message me for a shipping quote. Greater Toronto Area residents, message me for special pricing and local pickup.

Dropping the price of this to $120 USD shipped to Canada and the USA. International buyers, please ask for a shipping quote.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cable knit sweaters are up! You know what that means if you're looking to pick one up, here's one new one at a discount.

Selling my new & unworn Small Taupe Cable Knit Turtleneck. 100 CAD shipped.

120827429_1749366081883081_8297138071388356167_n.jpg

espen

Reaction score
Interest check in a V1 Zanieri Rust Polo coat? Size 42. Open to reasonable offers!

1601997700954.png

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
FS at/below my cost. All items are new with tags, all were purchased on deep discount and all coats have been in garment bags since purchase.

Jackets:
38L Contemporary - S/S '20 - Cream Linen Sportcoat - $120
40L Contemporary - F/W '19 - Botto Giuseppe Mint Green Flannel (see below for matching pants) - $190
42L Contemporary - F/W '19 - Drago Emerald Herringbone, Neapolitan Cut - $190

Pants:
34 Slim - F/W '19 - Botto Giuseppe Mint Green Flannel Pants (matching to above jacket) - $75
33 Contemporary - F/W '19 - Abraham Moon - Light Brown Tweed Pants - $75

Located in the Eastern US. I'll pay CONUS shipping over $200, otherwise i'll split it with you - add $5 CONUS for each pair of pants, $10 CONUS for each coat. Contact me for international shipping costs.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm letting go this brand new Moon Brown Herringbone in Neapolitan cut from FW19 in 38S Slim for $300 CAD shipped Canada, or $320 CAD shipped US. Jacket was tried on but never worn outdoors.

View attachment 1466178
Cable knit sweaters are up! You know what that means if you're looking to pick one up, here's one new one at a discount.

Selling my new & unworn Small Taupe Cable Knit Turtleneck. 100 CAD shipped.

View attachment 1471827

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a handful of 16.5 Slim shirts in standard 35 inch sleeve length? All have been worn less than two times, with most worn once and a few not at all. Have about 16 shirts and just trying to get $20 a shirt as they too short and tight with my Covid weight gain. Just got first custom shirt and it's much better for my build now. Let me know, and I can send pictures and details. Mostly cotton ones, a couple OCBD, the light denim Button down collar, and a brushed cotton one also. Couple are Purple label, some black and white labels too.

refinery

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a handful of 16.5 Slim shirts in standard 35 inch sleeve length? All have been worn less than two times, with most worn once and a few not at all. Have about 16 shirts and just trying to get $20 a shirt as they too short and tight with my Covid weight gain. Just got first custom shirt and it's much better for my build now. Let me know, and I can send pictures and details. Mostly cotton ones, a couple OCBD, the light denim Button down collar, and a brushed cotton one also. Couple are Purple label, some black and white labels too.
Very interested in seeing photos. Just my size.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dizzy8108

Reaction score

I too am interested. Please send pictures.

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score
Here are a few of them that I had a picture of in closet. I can of course send any pictures of them individually if needed also. They all have barely a wear or two tops, they all have full spread collars unless they button down style. All free from stains, rips, years, loose threads, etc. Amazing chance to grab on the cheap. I'll post other half this evening when home from work!

Attachments

• IMG_20200915_225249.jpg
    IMG_20200915_225249.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 80

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interest check on brown cord suit from last year in neo jacket 40 contemporary and pants 32 contemporary. Worn about 3 times

Also white cord high rise in 32 contemporary
Details on white high rise cords?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads