• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unofficial Spier & Mackay B-S-T Thread

Mesa

Reaction score
Selling the following:
- 40S Contemporary Dark Brown Abraham Moon Herringbone Neo SC from F/W '18
- 40S Contemporary Navy Hopsack SC (Non-Neo)
- 40R Slim Lovat Moleskin SC

All unaltered. Shipping from Canada. PM if interested.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance you've mistaken yourself and this happens to be slim instead? ?

That particular jacket ran slim in the slim size. I went up to contemporary with that one and it fits more like a slim. I bet you would be fine. It's also awesome.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That particular jacket ran slim in the slim size. I went up to contemporary with that one and it fits more like a slim. I bet you would be fine. It's also awesome.
Enabler. Don't make me do it. Are you saying that you normally wear slim but settled for cont for this particular jacket?

My main problem with cont fit as opposed to slim isn't that I can't have it tailored although it would be an additional cost, but the fact that the front panel is to large around the chest. That part can't really be slimmed down in a satisfying manner. I have the neo navy hopsack in cont fit I'm trying to sell because of this very problem.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enabler. Don't make me do it. Are you saying that you normally wear slim but settled for cont for this particular jacket?

My main problem with cont fit as opposed to slim isn't that I can't have it tailored although it would be an additional cost, but the fact that the front panel is to large around the chest. That part can't really be slimmed down in a satisfying manner. I have the neo navy hopsack in cont fit I'm trying to sell because of this very problem.

Yeah at the time I was only buying slims and this one was much to snug in slim to keep to I sized up to contemp. I've since moved to contemp as my preference and this one is slimmer than all my new contemps.

Identity Crisis

Reaction score

the chest is a bit smaller than my other jackets it seems

Thilgela

Reaction score
Selling the following:

Trousers:
- FW18 VBC Medium grey flannel in 30 Slim - waist let out to ~33.5 inches and hemmed to ~30 inches inseam
- FW18 VBC Charcoal flannel in 30 Contemporary - waist let out to ~33.5 inches and hemmed to ~30 inches inseam
- FW18 VBC Dark brown flannel in 32 Slim - hemmed to ~30 inches inseam
- SS17 VBC Charcoal Fresco (side tabs) in 33 Slim - seat taken in by 1 inches and hemmed to ~30 inches inseam
- SS17 Cream Linen in 32 Slim - hemmed to ~30 inches inseam

$75 each shipped
$70 each for 2 shipped
$60 each for 3 or more shipped

OCBD's:

- Extra Slim Fit 15 1/2 neck with 34 sleeve white
- Extra Slim Fit 15 1/2 neck with 34 sleeve medium blue
- Extra Slim Fit 15 1/2 neck with 34 sleeve green university stripe
- MTM Navy Milner stripe - fits like the OCBD's above

$30 each shipped
$25 each for 2 shipped
$20 each for 3 or more shipped

Last edited:

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Offering it here first before hitting other sites:
VBC Navy Flannel Sportcoat in 38S Slim from FW18. Just cut the tag and worn once but I decided to jump on the Neo cut. Unaltered.

$180 CAD shipped in Canada or $190 CAD shipped to USD.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any interest in last summer’s cream linen sport coat in a rare size 40L? I’ll do pics and measurements if anyone here wants, otherwise I’ll wait till spring and list it everywhere. Cost me $250. Worn twice that I remember, so maybe three or four times? $150 shipped CONUS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads