• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unofficial Spier & Mackay B-S-T Thread

Uncle.Scrooge

Reaction score
I have multiple very gently worn dress shirts, mostly oxfords, with some spread collars. They are Contemporary 15.5 36. If anyone in this chat is interested I will post pictures. I'm asking $15 per shirt.
Can I please have pics? From phone is cool.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance anyone has a 40R contemporary of this sport coat they didn't care for or want to move on?
IMG_0517.jpeg

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance anyone has a 40R contemporary of this sport coat they didn't care for or want to move on? View attachment 1960001
Nvm on this I picked it up on the sale.

However I am selling this in in 40R Contemporary. Also on the bay. Has no tags but has never been worn. Looking to get 320.00 shipped. I could be interested in trades potentially for suit or sport coat.

IMG_0548.jpeg
IMG_0549.jpeg
IMG_0550.jpeg
IMG_0551.jpeg
IMG_0552.jpeg

Last edited:

rob g

Reaction score
NWT, tried on only, sold out 40R Slim Neo, Moss Green Fox Air suit. High rise trousers hemmed by Spier to 29.5 with a 1.75 cuff. Hanger and travel bag included.

$375 shipped CONUS.

DSCF4754.JPG DSCF4755.JPG DSCF4761.JPG

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Arlo

Reaction score
Looking to purchase 40R slim sport coats if anyone has any they’re considering selling. Most especially interested in linen or corduroy jackets, but would consider anything else too.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase 40R slim sport coats if anyone has any they’re considering selling. Most especially interested in linen or corduroy jackets, but would consider anything else too.
I think @DonRaphael has this size. He is on paternity leave so not sure if he would respond.

kylebwells

Reaction score
I'm interested in 40 short, slim, or any MTO's that are between the two.

AltNameTK

Reaction score
Selling this Spier & Mackay striped brown and white oxford shirt.

Size 15.5 neck and 33-inch arm length, in a slim fit.

Absolutely terrific shirt from Spier, with better fabric than most of my comparable shirts from brands like Brooks Brothers and Proper Cloth. I love the robust fabric and collar roll. The color is great and easy to match with anything. I am pretty sure the buttons are pearl.

Unfortunately, the fit isn't quite right for me, so I only wore it once. Buy it from me at a discount.

In perfect condition. See my photos and hand-taken measurements.

Chest: 21 in
Length: 31 in
Shoulders: 18 in
Sleeve Length: 23.5 in
Hem: 20 in

$50 + shipping

Attachments

• DSC_0021 (18).JPG
    DSC_0021 (18).JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0020 (19).JPG
    DSC_0020 (19).JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0019 (20).JPG
    DSC_0019 (20).JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0018 (20).JPG
    DSC_0018 (20).JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC_0017 (21).JPG
    DSC_0017 (21).JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 231

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think @DonRaphael has this size. He is on paternity leave so not sure if he would respond.
Thanks for the mention, appreciate it. My wardrobe is indeed a 40R slim. Not sure if I'm planning on selling any S&M SCs in particular at the moment. However, I do plan on putting some S&M items up for sale together with a bunch of other high end stuff as I'm doing a closet cleaning.

Suits, shoes, ties, pocket squares, polo/over coats, leather jackets etc (Spier & Mackay, Eidos Napoli, Belstaff, Drake's, Marinella, Shibumi, Cappelli, Canali, Vass, Crockett & Jones, Alfred Sargent, Viola Milano etc).

Keep an eye on my listings in the nearby weeks. I might put SCs up for sale. Suits in that size will definitely be available however. The famous thick brown donegal polo coat as well amongst other things.

JayDee90

Reaction score

I have a couple moleskin sportcoats in 40R slim (navy and loden) along with a navy Donegal polo coat from their first run that I am looking to clear out to make space for a growing little one. If interested send me a PM.

Hudson

Reaction score
I have the following in 40R slim:
Green Donegal
VBC brown check flannel MTO (marked contemp but fits like a slim IMO)
Houndstooth tweed

They are all pretty much NWT but with bastings removed

PM if interested!

AltNameTK

Reaction score
I own this ice wash denim shirt from Spier in a size 16 slim:

I wore it twice and it's in great condition.

I'm interested in trading for this model ice wash denim shirt, in either 16 or 16.5 slim.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two brand new, unworn, unaltered sports jackets size 42. CONUS shipping only please.

First up is the Drago wool/linen blend light brown Houndstooth. SOLD.

Next up is this Navy unstructured jacket from Angelico with a great textured fabric. Contemporary 42S. Asking $150 shipped.
20230613_102422.jpg
20230613_102431.jpg
20230613_102444.jpg
20230613_102455.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads