• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unofficial Spier & Mackay B-S-T Thread

Sonny8

Reaction score
Hey gents (especially those from EU),

I have 2 brand new sport coats that have been sitting in my wardrobe for quite some time. I am based in the Czech Republic (EU) so I prefer an EU buyer as well (you will avoid the hefty import charges)

1) Drago - Light Brown (Wool & Linen); size 40R Slim; brand new with tags and all bastings in tact; unaltered; hanger + SM dust bag all included.

Link to SM website: https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/drago---light-brown-g027-610130-22152-ss20

Asking for 175 USD including shipping in EU

View attachment 1650271
View attachment 1650272
View attachment 1650273
View attachment 1650274

1) Cerutti - Blue & Brown Check - Neapolitan Cut; size 40R Slim; brand new with tags and all bastings in tact; unaltered; hanger + SM dust bag all included.

Link to SM website: https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/cerruti---blue-and-brown-check-8984

Asking for 275 USD including shipping in EU

View attachment 1650275
View attachment 1650276
View attachment 1650277
View attachment 1650278

Both are great, however, I stopped trying convincing myself that I can fit into these as I have realised that Contemporary fits me better.

If somebody wants to take both, I am open to reasonable offers.

Drago sold. Cerruti still available for $250 including shipping in EU. Sorry for spamming with the previous reply.

Nemesis_4

Reaction score
WTS the following - all in Neopolitan 36S Contemporary:

VBC Brown Slub S/S ‘18 - 140 shipped in US

Minnis Air Force Blue S/S ‘18 - 190 shipped in US

Abraham Moon - Brown Herringbone F/W ‘18 - 190 shipped in US

Abraham Moon - Green Tweed F/W ‘18 - 190 shipped in US

Drago - Medium Blue S/S ‘19 - 160 shipped in US

Open to offers if interested in multiple.

These have all been well taken care of- some facts:
- I’m the first owner and still have the tags which I’ll include along with the garment bags (no hanger),
- sleeves are the only aspect that has been altered- still can be let out,
- these were worn in a rotation,
- always hung after wearing,
- cloth brush was used to remove an dust/etc after wearing
- dry cleaned, though as minimally as possible

I’ll take pics/ measurements if I receive interest.

Last edited:

sentry

Reaction score
Selling a bunch of 36 slim sportcoats and a suit! None of the jackets have been altered. All of the coats are in excellent condition, stored on wide shoulder hangers. Only reason I'm selling is that I need to move up to 38.

I'd like to move these quickly and I feel like I've priced these pretty aggressively. Always open to offers, the worst I can say is no!

Wool/Cashmere Blue & Red Check sportcoat - $110 + shipping
View attachment 1738736 View attachment 1738737

Grey Sharkskin suit - $125 + shipping

View attachment 1738741 View attachment 1738742

Open to combining to save on shipping!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTB: Is anyone selling spring/summer jackets or suits in 40R? Either slim or contemporary should work.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTB: Is anyone selling spring/summer jackets or suits in 40R? Either slim or contemporary should work.
Selling a bunch.

Templeton

Reaction score
Looking for winter season's Abraham Moon tweed safari / field jackets in brown or navy, size S(38). Please DM me if you'd like to sell.
Hi,
Looking for winter season's Abraham Moon tweed safari / field jackets in brown or navy, size S(38). Please DM me if you'd like to sell.
Hi, I have this one in 38s. I have only wore it a couple of times as I have put on weight during Covid. It is in excellent condition 250CAD with shipping. I can send photos in you need.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
I finally broke down and ordered a MTM suit from Spier. It's a nice VBC flannel. I just put in the measurements from a suit that fits well. It should be fine, no?

I also finally found someone (they found me, actually) with a 46R spier SC for sale. They do exist.

I look forward to trying out this brand.

steiger

Reaction score
Building a new business wardrobe here on a budget, looking for suits and sportjackets for a decent price. Size US40R/EU50R slim. Hit me up with offers.
Sincerely

dtanner1189

Reaction score
WTS the following - all in 40L or 42L Contemporary

40L Sondrio - Medium Brown Check S/S ‘20 - $125 shipped in US

40L Olive Linen S/S '20 - $125 shipped in US

40L Lanificio Cerruti Navy Hopsack S/S '21 - $175 shipped in US

42L E.Thomas Green Texture S/S‘19 - $175 shipped in US

42L Minnis Tobacco Linen S/S ‘19 - $250 shipped in US

Priced to sell. Open to offers if interested in multiple.

I’ll take pics/ measurements based on interest received.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics