• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The unofficial NMWA Buy/Sell Thread (a.k.a. second chance thread)

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to google the definition for "jabroni." I've never been called that before. I feel kind of flattered.

It's interesting that a few folks are responding so harshly to my comment that I thought items on NMWA are expensive. I did not say it was ridiculous for people to buy them, or that anyone is an idiot for shopping there. I didn't even say they were necessarily overpriced. I just said that for people who have kids and mortgages, $150 for a t-shirt, or $250 for a polo, is a bit steep. It's pretty hard to disagree with that. Frankly, I wish the items were not as expensive because I think some of them look quite nice, so it is frustrating to see them and realize I shouldn't buy them. But whatever. To borrow from an old movie, forget it Jake, it's the Internet.

I do appreciate the reply from gdl203

I mean, it’s kind of all relative, right? To some a $250 polo is very expensive. Over the weekend I passed a beach front house with 2 lambos in the driveway….probably not expensive to them.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to google the definition for "jabroni." I've never been called that before. I feel kind of flattered.

It's interesting that a few folks are responding so harshly to my comment that I thought items on NMWA are expensive. I did not say it was ridiculous for people to buy them, or that anyone is an idiot for shopping there. I didn't even say they were necessarily overpriced. I just said that for people who have kids and mortgages, $150 for a t-shirt, or $250 for a polo, is a bit steep. It's pretty hard to disagree with that. Frankly, I wish the items were not as expensive because I think some of them look quite nice, so it is frustrating to see them and realize I shouldn't buy them. But whatever. To borrow from an old movie, forget it Jake, it's the Internet.

I do appreciate the reply from gdl203

Try sending the kids in to LuxeSwap

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me just say that complaining about pricing from a store that sells a curated range of brands is just about the most ridiculous thing I've seen on here lol. I get complaining to a particular brand, but all nmwa does(to put it simply) is essentially buy some stuff, add on some margin and pass it on to you.
It's like going to a luxury car dealership and asking them to stock some cheap chinese cars
I find complaining about the price of any non essential item ridiculous even if not as well curated as NMWA. The Row, Cucinelli, whatever. “Is it worth it?” Is the most boring phrase on SF.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NMWA is expensive, but it’s all relative. You can buy one $250 polo or five $50 polos, or none at all. My wardrobe per piece is expensive, but it’s also way way smaller than like my dad’s, who somehow has managed to buy what looks like 200 extremely similar Polo OCBDs over my lifetime, judging by his overflowing closet.

You’re on a forum for enthusiasts for clothing, and on a thread for enthusiasts for the specific store. Not surprising you’ve bristled a few feathers.

Friend

Reaction score
I find complaining about the price of any non essential item ridiculous even if not as well curated as NMWA. The Row, Cucinelli, whatever. “Is it worth it?” Is the most boring phrase on SF.

And I think the same is true of pretty much any enthusiast hobby, especially now that we all have the internet to understand the full range of choices. I know other hobby guitarists who have collections they've spent (at a conservative estimate) $20-30k on. The debates on those forums also tend to be "are the diminishing returns on a $1k/$3k/$5k/$10k guitar really worth it?" - and plenty of people on both the $1k and the $10k+ side of the fence.

doctorman

Reaction score
i once read an interview with the owner of pure blue japan. to paraphrase, he says he completely understands that his denim is very expensive and appreciates customers that spend that kind of money on his jeans. but he also states that please understand a lot of time and effort have been spent on making the products, that the products are absolute unique, made of the best material and that there would always be continued innovation.

so i think you can have it both ways. your stuff can be both expensive and a good value.

nets860

Reaction score
Have this Ikigi crew available. size 3 $175 shipped. brand new with tags. sizing didn't work out for me.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price includes shipping to US.

Please no low ball offers :)

Sorry can’t do nyc meet up because I have temporarily moved out of the city...

Valstar Clint in Black 44 - 600 USD

Shoulders - 16.5
Chest - 19.75
Sleeve - 25.5
Length - 25.5

valstar_fw20_jackets_45__1.jpg

BNWT Tony Shirtmaker Vegan Suede Western Small - 350 USD

tony_shirtmakers_new_york_vegan_suede_western_shirt_jacket_shacket_10_.jpg

Wythe Olive Moleskin Suede Small - 100 USD

wythe_new_york_fall_winter_2020_moleskin_pearlsnap_western_shirt_18_.jpg

ucla bruin

Reaction score
How big is this medium (brown white striped camp)? Could it be a large?
I doubt it would fit someone normally a large but here are the measurements:

pit to pit is 22”
shoulder is 17.75”
length is 27”

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shot in the dark but anyone have the Fujito shirt jacked in 1 and need to swap for my 2? It’s a little too relaxed fitting for me.

Beav

Reaction score
Wanted to buy: Large Norwegian Rain Bumfreezer. Does anyone have one they'd like to sell? Send me a message with what you're looking to get for it wish shipping to Canada.

Thanks ?

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads