• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The unofficial NMWA Buy/Sell Thread (a.k.a. second chance thread)

vanmosh

Reaction score
Trying a one in one out policy this year, so I'm doing a little Fall/Winter clean out as we approach August. Throwing up a couple of Niche items and looking for about $150 each or best offer.

Navy Embroidered Sweatshirt (Large) - worn a couple of times, pretty much in perfect condition

Niche-Embroidered.png

Seattle Shirt Jacket (Large) - I've had this for a few seasons but have taken good care of it. It's super heavy and feels indestructible - kind of the perfect weight for those days in mid/late October when you would walk five blocks in a regular flannel and realize that you should have brought a jacket. It is after all, a shacket.

Niche-Seattle.jpeg

upflup

Reaction score
Ok, couple of shirts it's time to admit I'll never get back into...

Size 42 G Inglese chambray popover, Miami collar I believe. Like new, $75
View attachment 1640938

PF striped oxford, size XL. Blue and white stripe. Long sleeve. $50

View attachment 1640939
View attachment 1640942

Another PF shirt, this one is a short sleeve seersucker tagged as large. It's actually a green or teal stripe, not as blue as it photographed. Also $50
View attachment 1640941
View attachment 1640943

How slim is the G. Inglese, especially in shoulders and arms? Would it be good for someone who is generally a L-XL?

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
g. inglese indigo chambray BD shirt, tag size 43. NWT, still boxed, pinned, and folded as arrived from noman. an mtm pre ordered a couple of years ago, kept on ice. SOLD shipped conus. (with box incl. runs a little extra).

B756D9D7-CF19-4902-BDAD-F5A68DBAAC15.jpeg D8E1B80F-AA53-4393-AC62-814FE91DF801.jpeg

Last edited:

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope - they mostly sell high end brands to a select clientele, so the average cost-per-piece is higher than most other stores.

It is worth noting that their prices are generally lower than more other high end retailers, sometimes to the tune of 10%-20% less than Mr. Porter, and that's before the SF discount.

I think it's also the NMWA team's strategy to seek out unique brands than are controlled by a designer with a vision, so they aren't working off economies of scale.
That may be. And I'm sure the items are well made. But sometimes I look at the prices and can't help thinking that the site ought to be renamed No Mortgage No Kids

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NMWA prices are very fair. One thing I have found in general, though, is that a lot of apparel is cheaper if purchased from a shop in the country of origin, especially if taxes are deducted. Usually you wind up paying $$ for shipping, then.

Almost any other retailer is going to be cheaper than Mr. Porter.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NMWA is also a classic example of you get what you paid for. And they are the type of shop I want to support. Also a classic example of “cheap is expensive.” For example i could have prob got 2 or 3 camp shirts from an Instagram direct to consumer spot for the price of my camp from NMWA, but I absolutely love that camp and want to wear it all the time, feel great wearing it, and don’t want to let it go and move on to the next thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads