• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The unofficial NMWA Buy/Sell Thread (a.k.a. second chance thread)

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of really nice shirts that just went live on Luxeswap

First up is this gem from Post Imperial https://www.ebay.com/itm/363422245973?hash=item549da76455:g:I9IAAOSwaZZguVuB

1622767240629.png

If you run hot like I do during the summer this cotton is so light and gauzy, but the fabric and pattern avoid see-through nip slips. Pattern has that cool effect of being subtle from far off but bananas from close up. Would have never let this go, but it's just too long in the body for me (I think I clocked it at something like 31.5"), and there's no way for me to hem it without losing that beautiful frayed fringe detail at the hem and arms. You seriously will not regret this shirt.

Next is this beautiful Niche floral https://www.ebay.com/itm/313553803061?hash=item4901435735:g:7bEAAOSwdHFguVHk

1622767483841.png

Opposite problem for me, the fit was great, pattern great, style great. Fabric was just a little tough, I think it was rayon of viscose? For someone who runs hot in the summer it doesn't breathe super well. Love the look, just too sensitive about my skin/temperature so it didn't get worn enough.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling a shirt that I absolutely love and have wanted for a long time, but had to admit doesn't work for me, size-wise. It's the Tony Shirtmakers 'New Western' in pale blue poly/cotton, size XL:

It's in near-new condition. I bought it from another user on here and I think he only wore it once, as did I. Here are some photos:

View attachment 1618147

I'm asking $250 shipped. It's currently still on NMWA's site for full price, but all sold out in this size. An incredible piece. Don't miss it!

BUMP! Make me a reasonable offer. I'm currently moving and am doing my best to get rid of as much stuff as possible that I'm not wearing. Would love to see this go to someone who will enjoy it.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, everything now sold except for the Chamula Brisa Forma hat in size 58, which is completely new. Take a look at the photos below. I'll even bump the price down to $65 shipped in hope of a quick sale. Fantastic hat!

I'll also two jackets I had initially listed for trade - the De Bonne Facture jade linen painter's jacket in size 40 and the Kaptain Sunshine traveler jacket in dark paisley in size 40 - for sale if no one is interested in a trade. The DBF jacket is new with tags and the KS jacket has been worn once or twice, but still in like new condition. Again, I'd prefer to trade both up one size if that's of interest to anyone. I love both pieces, but they're just too small on me. $325 shipped for either jacket.
de-bonne-facture-lookbook-spring-summer-2020-11.jpg
imgrc0099248043.jpg

Finally, I have a Blue Blue Japan yarn-dyed indigo sashiko coverall jacket available in size 5, which is basically an XL. Worn maybe five times, and is one of those pieces that will only get better with wear. I have a beloved denim coverall, so never got around to giving this piece the wear it deserves. This is the one that NMWA stocks each season. Also $325 shipped or best offer.
Blue Blue Japan yarn-dyed indigo sashiko coverall jacket in size XL.jpg
Blue Blue Japan yarn-dyed indigo sashiko coverall jacket in size XL_2.jpg
Blue Blue Japan yarn-dyed indigo sashiko coverall jacket in size XL_3.jpg
Blue Blue Japan yarn-dyed indigo sashiko coverall jacket in size XL_4.jpg

Ok, so the SdC field jacket, full suit, Pablo Castaners, and remaining Camoshita blouson have all sold. De Bonne Facture fisherman sandals still available in a size 45. SOLD

Also, interest check in this Chamula Brisa Forma hat in havano - size 58. Never worn. Just not a tiny bit small, as I'm closer to a 60. (This is probably the equivalent of a Sublime size 1 and I prefer a size 2 there, for instance). Say $80 shipped in CONUS.
View attachment 1610907 View attachment 1610908 View attachment 1610909
This is mostly a posting in search of trades for a size up, but I'd also be open to offers on these pieces if no trades materialize. Both of these pieces are somewhat roomy for their sizes, which means that I could see how someone who purchased the next size up from me might prefer the fit on a size down. One piece is a US 40 (although a Japanese brand) and the other is a EU 50. I'd be looking to trade for the same piece in 42 and 52, respectively.

I purchased both of these when I was closer to a true 42 chest, and both pieces fit well then. But I quickly shot up to a 44 chest, and find both pieces to now be a bit tight.

Again, trades are the strong preference here. If I was to sell, I would be looking to get near an amount that would allow me to buy a comparable piece. I'm quite attached to both of these.

First up is the De Bonne Facture painter's jacket in jade Belgian washed linen. Size 50 and looking for a 52, or even a 54. This is still new with tags. I also have the matching pants in a 52.

View attachment 1617562

First up is the Kaptain Sunshine Traveler Jacket in dark paisley. Size 40. Looking for a 42. Worn once but the tag is still in the front pocket.
View attachment 1617570

sartoria vacua

Reaction score
post imperial ss20 ijebu shirt - brown, xl, camp collar. from the preorders last summer, worn once to try on for fit - basically nwot condition. $185 shipped to CONUS addresses. ~ the fabric (the hand, we all want to have hand), the pattern, etc., rate for the ages --- just finally admitting it doesn't work w/ my barrel-chest frame (because: mistake of nature, not a "do you even lift" mode).

View attachment 1592337 View attachment 1592338 View attachment 1592339

june mention for this PI kit. $140 shipped CONUS.

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an NMWA Vass MTO for sale ... worn a couple of times, but ended up being too casual-looking for formal wear

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This wasn't an NMWA item, but I think we're ok to include friends of the store here--or things that being a customer of NMWA made me want that I could totally see being sold at NMWA if they were selling apparel from the brand then. Anyway, the piece is a classic field jacket in a lovely navy cotton. Size XL. Kind of the Platonic ideal of a field jacket, I think, which is probably why I've only worn it a couple times at most. Not having to see people has made my tastes tend towards thick chenille cords! Let me know if there's interest and I'd be happy to take measurements or additional photos. First two pictures are of Christian in the jacket and the next three are of the piece itself. Let's say $300 shipped (just under half price) or best (reasonable) offer.
Christian Kimber navy field jacket in size XL.jpg
Christian Kimber navy field jacket in size XL_2.jpg
Christian Kimber navy field jacket in size XL_3.jpg
Christian Kimber navy field jacket in size XL_4.jpg
Christian Kimber navy field jacket in size XL_5.jpg

Last edited:

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Short-term price drop on the DBF jade linen painter's jacket. New with tags in a size 50. I'll drop the asking price down to $250 in hope of a quick sale that allows me to purchase an item that fits. If there's no interest, then I may just store it until my size yoyos back to a 50. Also still available from Saturday's post are the BBJ sashiko coverall, which I'll drop to $300, KS paisley traveler, which is also dropped to $300, and the Christian Kimber field jacket, which I'll drop to $275.

DSC_9528.jpg

Ok, everything now sold except for the Chamula Brisa Forma hat in size 58, which is completely new. Take a look at the photos below. I'll even bump the price down to $65 shipped in hope of a quick sale. Fantastic hat!

I'll also two jackets I had initially listed for trade - the De Bonne Facture jade linen painter's jacket in size 40 and the Kaptain Sunshine traveler jacket in dark paisley in size 40 - for sale if no one is interested in a trade. The DBF jacket is new with tags and the KS jacket has been worn once or twice, but still in like new condition. Again, I'd prefer to trade both up one size if that's of interest to anyone. I love both pieces, but they're just too small on me. $325 shipped for either jacket.
View attachment 1620672 View attachment 1620674

Finally, I have a Blue Blue Japan yarn-dyed indigo sashiko coverall jacket available in size 5, which is basically an XL. Worn maybe five times, and is one of those pieces that will only get better with wear. I have a beloved denim coverall, so never got around to giving this piece the wear it deserves. This is the one that NMWA stocks each season. Also $325 shipped or best offer.
View attachment 1620667

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
june mention for this PI kit. $140 shipped CONUS.
Short-term price drop on the DBF jade linen painter's jacket. New with tags in a size 50. I'll drop the asking price down to $250 in hope of a quick sale that allows me to purchase an item that fits. If there's no interest, then I may just store it until my size yoyos back to a 50. Also still available from Saturday's post are the BBJ sashiko coverall, which I'll drop to $300, KS paisley traveler, which is also dropped to $300, and the Christian Kimber field jacket, which I'll drop to $275.

View attachment 1622630

Not affiliated with either seller....but I have a similar PI shirt, and the same DBF Shirt/Jacket

I have the similar PI shirt from last year, and highly anticipate it getting a lot of use this year, now that we can go out! Perfect summer shirt for a rooftop bar, to layer over a swimsuit, wear to a backyard BBQ etc.

And that DBF painters shirt! The linen is amazing, perfect color, its an all around great piece,

If either of these items are your size, I highly recommend.

bookbrother

Reaction score
Interest check in a black Valstar Clint in 48. Trying to do a major closet clean and although I love the jacket I think I could do without. Worn it only a handful of times.

Think somewhere in the $950 range would be fair.

bump to find some interest at $900 and if not I’ll shut up and keep this sexy thing for myself.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping these two shirts up on Luxeswap today. Post-Imperial ends at 6:45 EST/3:45 PST and Niche ends at 6:04 EST/3:04 PST.

First up is this gem from Post Imperial https://www.ebay.com/itm/363422245973?hash=item549da76455:g:I9IAAOSwaZZguVuB

1623612622197.png

If you run hot like I do during the summer this cotton is so light and gauzy, but the fabric and pattern avoid see-through nip slips. Pattern has that cool effect of being subtle from far off but bananas from close up. Would have never let this go, but it's just too long in the body for me (I think I clocked it at something like 31.5"), and there's no way for me to hem it without losing that beautiful frayed fringe detail at the hem and arms. You seriously will not regret this shirt.

Next is this beautiful Niche floral https://www.ebay.com/itm/313553803061?hash=item4901435735:g:7bEAAOSwdHFguVHk

1623612592843.png

Opposite problem for me, the fit was great, pattern great, style great. Fabric was just a little tough for someone who runs hot in the summer, I think it was rayon or viscose? F Love the look, just too sensitive about my skin/temperature so it didn't get worn enough.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, mis-sized on a lovely Inis Meian tunic sweater. Size medium in awesome crunchy dry linen knit. Retail - $295.
Unworn - selling for $150 obo.
Thanks all.

View attachment 1624160

They run small. I have a bunch of IM and have sized up to L in all of them despite being a M in almost every brand. Great tunic and price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads