• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The unofficial NMWA Buy/Sell Thread (a.k.a. second chance thread)

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling some Rota trousers as well. These are all size 46 with ~28.5” inseams. I can provide more details if anyone is interested. $150ea shipped.

Medium Brown Linen
Light Grey Lightweight Wool
Glenplaid Wool/Silk/Linen
Navy Lightweight Wool

New to Rota - how slim are they? I often need to size up to get the thighs to fit. Also, do they just have a plain hem or are they cuffed?

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in these really nice (basically new) pair of green cords from Rota?

Picked them up from LuxeSwap for ridiculously cheap. They’re similar to another pair that I own so I really don’t need two. Can never pass up a deal though.

Size 50 with a 33 inch cuffed inseam. Looking to get what I paid all in back so $120 shipped to you.
View attachment 1542012 View attachment 1542017
Sold

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dolatron

Reaction score
New to Rota - how slim are they? I often need to size up to get the thighs to fit. Also, do they just have a plain hem or are they cuffed?
They’re all plain hems. I don’t find them overly skinny but they’re definitely not baggy. They’re fairly slim/straight leg. Check out the pics in the nmwa gallery (search: Rota) for people far cooler than me, showing them off: https://nomanwalksalone.com/gallery

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They’re all plain hems. I don’t find them overly skinny but they’re definitely not baggy. They’re fairly slim/straight leg. Check out the pics in the nmwa gallery (search: Rota) for people far cooler than me, showing them off: https://nomanwalksalone.com/gallery

Thanks. Looked at the thigh measurements on NMWA. Unfortunately, under 12" will be a bit too slim

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any interest in a Valstar shearling trucker in green? Size 54. Lost some weight during quarantine and now it's a bit big. Pretty much like new condition, only had a chance to wear out once last winter.

Hard to get good lighting and the color changes a bit but it's like a dark forest green. Thinking $1200 shipped within the US.

Measurements (keep in mind shearling lining):

Chest (pit-to-pit): 23"
Shoulder (seam-to-seam from back): 19.25"
Sleeve (shoulder seam to end): 26.5"

View attachment 1507607

Dropping this to $1000 shipped.

kevenmee

Reaction score
Apologies for being a delinquent - this weekend got the better of me (aka I did absolutely nothing).

ItemSizePrice
SS Conversation Coat black wool3450
SS knights rollneck (navy/black)3100
Kanta Brown Buffalo Cowichan
  • Picked up from LS, will trade for size 38
Kanata Grey Melange (?) Cowichan36125
Norwegian Rain Bumfreeze - AubergineS400
Frank Leder Great Coat Green/GreyXS350
Inverallen Shawl Collar Cardigan CreamS150
SNS Stark NavyS150

Items were purchased between 17 - 21, most were only worn a few times and some not at all. More to come, still working through my closet - will grab pictures tonight. Not great at pricing so feel free to send me offers - happy to do bundled deals!

Apologies about the last two, I'm (???) fairly certain they weren't purchased from NMWA but I believe the brands were stocked there at some point. Can remove if that's more appropriate!

Superglu

Reaction score
NMWA-adjacent: I'm planning to put up for sale the Kaptain Sunshine Traveller Coat in camel-colored wool, oversized Japanese medium so roughly a 38-40, that was made for Ships (Japanese clothing retailer), and wanted to get an interest check. From what I can tell, the differences between this and the NMWA version are that the latter has 1) some extra stitching on the sleeves, 2) shorter inside half-lining, and 3) slightly heavier-weight wool. All the hype for the Traveller coat is real; the design, shape, and details make it an outstanding piece of outerwear. Unfortunately I think I need something thicker for NY winters, which makes this coat very suitable for anyone living in a warmer region but still wants to get their overcoat game on.

nycs10011

Reaction score
Niche Japan - Sol Morena Slip-on Mule in Leopard Print Faux Ponyhair EU 39. Grabbed from the sample sale but the size didn't work out. Happy to take $75 + shipping.
Ebay Listing
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NMWA-adjacent: I'm planning to put up for sale the Kaptain Sunshine Traveller Coat in camel-colored wool, oversized Japanese medium so roughly a 38-40, that was made for Ships (Japanese clothing retailer), and wanted to get an interest check. From what I can tell, the differences between this and the NMWA version are that the latter has 1) some extra stitching on the sleeves, 2) shorter inside half-lining, and 3) slightly heavier-weight wool. All the hype for the Traveller coat is real; the design, shape, and details make it an outstanding piece of outerwear. Unfortunately I think I need something thicker for NY winters, which makes this coat very suitable for anyone living in a warmer region but still wants to get their overcoat game on.
How much are you looking for? Do you have measurements handy?

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stephan Schneider "Noon" Sweater, Size 6

Great hand — 50% Wool, 50% Mohair. Color is tough to capture in the pictures, but it's green and gray birdseye. It's a killer sweater, but I'm between sizes on SS and this has never fit quite right. Classic fit. Straight ribbed hem. Ribbed collar and cuffs. ~22" pit to pit, 28" back length. $75 shipped.
1611727769785.jpeg

1611727796890.jpeg

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reluctantly putting this one up for sale, but I think it's for the best. More of an NMWA-adjacent listing as this makeup wasn't on their site.

I'm selling a BNWT Stephan Schneider Resin hooded Jacket from the FW16 season, in a Size IV. It's in this cool wool blend, with a fuzzy gray/beige check. To be exact, it's composed of 76% wool, 9% alpaca, 9% mohair and 6% nylon. Check the photos in the spoiler to get an idea of how awesome the fabric is!

I'm normally a Size IV in Schneider and it's roomy enough to later with. However, you can tighten it with the interior drawstring!

Some of its other features include:

- adjustable cuffs
- two interior pockets (and two exterior ones!)
- a hidden button placket

Asking $320 Shipped OBO to Canada and the USA, $350 Shipped OBO internationally. Offers are welcome: I'm already taking a bath on this - I paid $700 CAD on pre-order - but I'd rather see somebody else putting this beautiful jacket to use.

Measurements available upon request, but I'd say that length wise, it's in-between their short jackets (Thinner, Match, etc.) And their long coats (Memory, Conservation, Chrono, Film, etc).

PXL_20201206_023156663.jpg

PXL_20201206_024006190.jpg

PXL_20201206_023300271.jpg

PXL_20201206_023333101.jpg

PXL_20201206_023400255.jpg

PXL_20201206_023455246.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads