• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Two Drake's features posted in the last week on Esquire UK (https://www.esquire.com/uk/style/a44002160/the-rise-of-drakes/) and GQ (https://www.gq.com/story/drakes-london-prep-resurgence).

Despite some nice quotes from Michael and a good timeline in the Esquire piece, they both read like blatant Games blazer spon-con to me. Seems to me like the brand is making an effort to cement the Games moniker as synonymous with off-the-rack suiting like the Ludlow name was in the 2010s.

I personally wish they would focus less on their Games pieces and more on their tailored jackets.

物の哀れ

Reaction score
Sadly, not mine...

343801974_118771217865867_287715273104112483_n.jpg

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Do you find size M in the linen shirts to be 15.5? Any chance they are 15.75?
I wear a 15.5 in their oxfords and a Medium in all their flannel/workshirts. I prefer the Medium sizing because their oxfords have small shoulders IMO. In a 15.5 they measure 17 1/8 - 17 2/8 but the mediums are 18 - 18 1/8 and it makes a difference in comfort

jeremygo

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up one of the brown POW harris tweed games blazers from that Nordstrom sale. Anyone tested that model out/have thoughts on fit and fabric?

htinlinn

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up one of the brown POW harris tweed games blazers from that Nordstrom sale. Anyone tested that model out/have thoughts on fit and fabric?
I ordered that model last year and ended up exchanging it for one of non-Games tweed tailored blazers. The combination of spongy harris tweed and boxier fit wasn't for me. I, overall, much prefer the softer-feeling tweed on mine.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
You can get a better look at it here: https://us.drakes.com/blogs/news/a-long-lunch-at-st-john. Looks to me more like a chore coat than a blazer. Perhaps a new style. The collar looks different.
That’s a great pic. Regret not having bought the navy db games blazer with brass buttons, looks awesome. And the gentleman on the right with the grey trousers and brown blazer: that’s a perfect Drake’s look imho.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was in their Savile Row shop several years ago. Beautiful store.
Very little merchandise. Couldn't find an XL in the sweaters I
wanted to buy. I've heard this complaint from others.

htinlinn

Reaction score
And the gentleman on the right with the grey trousers and brown blazer: that’s a perfect Drake’s look imho.
I believe that's Michael Drake himself. Michael Hill is often quoted saying that a lot of what they design tries to stay true to the essence of how Mr. Drake dresses. So, it makes sense that you think that's the perfect Drake's look!

wahnamhong

Reaction score
I believe that's Michael Drake himself. Michael Hill is often quoted saying that a lot of what they design tries to stay true to the essence of how Mr. Drake dresses. So, it makes sense that you think that's the perfect Drake's look!
Aahh that would make a lot of sense indeed! And he did look a bit familiar already. I love how his jacket is cut longer than the current style dictates.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads