• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinpledger

Reaction score
Oops, DEFINITELY wearing jeans or chinos with this one!! I meant nothing superlative (so it’s a little thing, but no scarves for example), but just basics with it.

See the shot below. Works pretty well when you keep the rest simple.
Love this! The jacket looks great on you! Thank you for posting as it's really helped to give some inspiration!

justinpledger

Reaction score
Also agreed @wahnamhong that you need to bust out that suede chore @justinpledger! I wore mine earlier this week, and love how sturdy it is.
I should. Although I'm thinking of selling it and the suede shirt. I was telling another forum member that I'm going to put them up on the for sale forum. I have a gorgeous little Cokapoo who, I'm not ashamed to say, goes almost everywhere with me (she's my surrogate baby I'll admit). This means that, sometimes, I have to pick her up. I'm totally paranoid that she'll scratch the suede y'see. And, hardy as it is, it'll be ruined. I'm a bit OCD about my clothes! 🙈 So, the chore and the shirt have sat in my wardrobe, in Drake's garment bags, never having seen the light of day since I bough them home. It's bad really. I mean, they're expensive right! Oh god, I feel kinda sad even posting this stuff. I mean, first world problems and all that...

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should. Although I'm thinking of selling it and the suede shirt. I was telling another forum member that I'm going to put them up on the for sale forum. I have a gorgeous little Cokapoo who, I'm not ashamed to say, goes almost everywhere with me (she's my surrogate baby I'll admit). This means that, sometimes, I have to pick her up. I'm totally paranoid that she'll scratch the suede y'see. And, hardy as it is, it'll be ruined. I'm a bit OCD about my clothes! 🙈 So, the chore and the shirt have sat in my wardrobe, in Drake's garment bags, never having seen the light of day since I bough them home. It's bad really. I mean, they're expensive right! Oh god, I feel kinda sad even posting this stuff. I mean, first world problems and all that...
Suede can take a bit of a beating. And at the end of the day they are just clothes. Just wear and enjoy them.

Treble

Reaction score
The Drake's suede will start to age nicely I think, it's thick and rough napped. I haven't seen a picture of one in that condition but mine is starting to wear at the elbow - I think as a workwear style item that's the intention.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
View attachment 1925725

This one looks interesting as well
3218DDD2-CFBC-4742-954C-E3BEFE87F81F.png

justinpledger

Reaction score
Looks nice but for some reason I am certain that once the novelty factor wears off I would be grown tired of it.
Yes. For some reason this chore doesn't appeal to me. I'm not fond of stripes in/on my clothing. A pinstripe suit has never really appealed, nor has a Wabash or hickory striped shirt or any striped shirt for that matter. These are so thick (the stripes) as well that it looks a little strange to me. I wonder why I don't like stripes now...

espen

Reaction score
Definitely not a fan of this all buttoned up. Glad to see it though, helped sway me.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also agreed @wahnamhong that you need to bust out that suede chore @justinpledger! I wore mine earlier this week, and love how sturdy it is.
Just how sturdy is the suede? I was looking at the A-2 model:
but am used to really sturdy stuff from brands like Real McCoy's, which uses a roughout (so, very sturdy, since it incorporates the grain side.)

espen

Reaction score
I find it very sturdy, thicker than it probably needs to be for a jacket like this. And the grain is pronounced and noticeable.

Also nice considering this thickness is the assembly work, strong thick seams.

Treble

Reaction score
I find it very sturdy, thicker than it probably needs to be for a jacket like this. And the grain is pronounced and noticeable.

Also nice considering this thickness is the assembly work, strong thick seams.

I was really put off the suede car coat because it uses poppers, these are always the first thing to go on a bag or garment. The buttons on the chore seem pretty beefy as well as the stitching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads