• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phillip Dean

Reaction score
How much love does Drake's show for Black Friday?

A few years ago they had a cheeky “Sale for no particular reason” on Black Friday that discounted some items. I don’t believe they’ve done anything since, however. Best move is to monitor third party sellers (like Mr. Porter) who stock Drake’s and offer Black Friday discounts.

Mood Indigo

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Drake's winter leathers?
It's warm ?

DR2A1B-20912-02-300-1_1080x.jpg

DR2A1B-20912-02-300-6_1080x.jpg

LiamMcM

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Drake's winter leathers?
It's warm ?

View attachment 1860450

View attachment 1860451
I’ve comfortably worn mine over a button down in 10 to 0 degrees celsius, though my hands and head were cold. It’s a bit of a weird piece given that it’s suede and yet it’s a bit warmer than the unlined model, calling for colder (and often relatedly inclement) weather. It doesn’t bleed on my clothes. The inside of the bottom hem does pick up a bit of wear and tear from my pants but you can’t notice it when you’re wearing it, so I’m embracing it. Curious to see how it ages overall. Anyone have an old one that can comment on how it’s aged?

Last edited:

Mood Indigo

Reaction score
I’ve comfortably worn my over a button down in 10 to 0 degrees celsius, though my hands and head were cold. It’s a bit of a weird piece given that it’s suede and yet it’s a bit warmer than the unlined model, calling for colder (and often relatedly inclement) weather. It doesn’t bleed on my clothes. The inside of the bottom hem does pick up a bit of wear and tear from my pants but you can’t notice it when you’re wearing it, so I’m embracing it. Curious to see how it ages overall. Anyone have an old one that can comment on how it’s aged?

Thank you for answer !
Is the jacket long enough to wear a blazer underneath ?

990v4

Reaction score
Over at End you can get an olive chore jacket for $300-something thanks to their Black Friday sale and UK pricing

cedarlake23

Reaction score
The ecru jeans arrived from Mr Porter and they seem a little too snug for me in the waist and thigh (see photo). Does anyone know if these stretch out after a while? The fabric seems super soft compared to my Momotaro denim, so maybe there's a bit of stretch to be expected. I definitely don't want shrinking. Otherwise, I'll return them and hunt for a pair in size 31 not at the US retail price. The quality is definitely there, but even the sale price of ~$290 I paid is still too high for me to risk a poor fit.

I should also add that besides Mr Porter and END, I haven't seen any Drake's items on Black Friday sales.

IMG-2688.JPG

cedarlake23

Reaction score
I have a pair in tobacco and another in black. They both fit very differently and I highly recommend fitting them in store before buying. Last is very comfortable, but I might need to get a tongue pad for the tobacco pair. Black pair fits a lot tighter. Anyways… the tobacco pair has seen the most wear out of all my shoes during summer and fall months. Very versatile shoe 👍. I also have Paraboot Reims and those are bulletproof shoes that are comfortable as well but Canal loafers are just so so easy to use…
@Phillip Dean I'll add I tried on the canal loafer in dark brown suede at their NY store a few months ago and they were great. Definitely want a pair before next summer. They fit TTS for me, but YMMV.

Sammm

Reaction score
The ecru jeans arrived from Mr Porter and they seem a little too snug for me in the waist and thigh (see photo). Does anyone know if these stretch out after a while? The fabric seems super soft compared to my Momotaro denim, so maybe there's a bit of stretch to be expected. I definitely don't want shrinking. Otherwise, I'll return them and hunt for a pair in size 31 not at the US retail price. The quality is definitely there, but even the sale price of ~$290 I paid is still too high for me to risk a poor fit.

I should also add that besides Mr Porter and END, I haven't seen any Drake's items on Black Friday sales.

View attachment 1860776
I bought and returned them last year. I found them uncomfortably tight in the crotch/thigh.

Clowns

Reaction score
How does Drake's justify charging such wildly different prices between the US and Canada? You can get these sweaters for 33% off if you have a shipping address north of the border. I don't mind paying a good price for a good product, but I hate feeling like a sucker.

Attachments

• American Drakes.png
    American Drakes.png
    471.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Canadian Drakes.png
    Canadian Drakes.png
    468.3 KB · Views: 176

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be more specific, Canada has a free trade agreement with the EU, whereas the US does not.

that said, imported goods under $800 aren’t subjected to duties in the US, so it’s strange.

Last edited:

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
To be more specific, Canada has a free trade agreement with the EU, whereas the US does not.

that said, imported goods under $800 aren’t subjected to duties in the US, so it’s strange.

The UK isn't part of the EU anymore though. So perhaps the UK has a separate free trade agreement with the US?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The UK isn't part of the EU anymore though. So perhaps the UK has a separate free trade agreement with the US?

Canada has a transitional FTA with the UK.

the US does not have one with the UK, which means duties on products over $800.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads