• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GabrielJF

Reaction score
For me - and it is a bit of a change of tone - The Anthology has captured my imagination (and my wallet) in the way Drake's once did. Drake's seems to me now to be high on the smell of it's own farts. I'll still go to the sample sale and hoover up some OCBDs though.

Mood Indigo

Reaction score
Buy new "Games" Corduroy.
Too expensive but beautiful suit.
Really love the color.

Costume 1.jpg

Costume 2.jpg

cedarlake23

Reaction score
Yoooo it looks like their prices have gone down. Definitely going to get that belt now :)

UPDATE:
Looks like I was on the wrong site... Very sorry to get everyone's hopes up! I went to drakes.com and was prompted with a pop-up stating "Drakes ships to United States / Shop in USD $ / Get shipping options for United States." I clicked "shop now" on that pop-up and everything was in USD at lower prices (e.g. OCBD's at $197, knitted ties at $163, jeans at $332). Anticipating future price increases, I added a few items to my cart and tried to check out. However, the check-out page doesn't have the US as a shipping option (despite showing everything in $USD). Looks like I need to go to us.drakes.com where the same items are noticeably higher (e.g. OCBD's at $275, knitted ties at $225, jeans at $450). Suffice it to say, I did not make a purchase :(

Seems like they're still figuring out their new website - it doesn't seem correct for a site to show a pop-up to ship to the US, display prices in USD, but not let US customers buy anything and instead make them figure out they're on the wrong website.

Last edited:

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Holy cow you guys weren’t kidding about yet another drakes price increase. Their loafers are like 700+ dollars. That’s more than Alden or Crockett. Jeans for 450. I mean their last 2 price increases were a lot. At this point, their in a whole different client bracket.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s wild too because their tailoring is way more money now than before and it’s also half canvassed when it used to be full.

Mark Cho’s got to pay for those Pateks somehow…

wahnamhong

Reaction score
I remember buying a navy hopsack blazer in the summer of 2020 for 800 euro new! Most their blazers were around that pricepoint then.

At this point I’m pretty glad to already have quite some quintessential Drake’s pieces. Going forward, it’s likely I will mostly be buying from archivesales.

MaE

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Drake’s needlecord 5 pocket trousers are cut on the same block/pattern as their jeans? The size chart seems to suggest it but since their size chart usually it isn’t accurate at all… Thanks in advance!

abantigen

Reaction score
As someone who is a huge fan of the brand it’s really sad to see them continuing their ascent to luxury brand prices. It looks like their calculation was that if they slightly lowered or maintained their prices most people weren’t going to start buying items at full price anyway. Which I think is probably true if this thread is any indication. But at the same time, I wonder if there’s even enough rich people who are into this type of aesthetic for this strategy to succeed.

Maybe what’s more sad is that it feels like they’ve given everything they have to offer in terms of aesthetic vision to the menswear world now. Definitely feels like they played a pretty big role in popularizing cotton suits, chore coats, chukka boots, rugby shirts, colourful shetland sweaters, etc. But I don’t get excited anymore for their look books anymore because I more or less know what to expect.

bostndreamdonut

Reaction score
Cho figures that to become a luxury brand, all you need to do is raise prices.

Why are you assuming that Michael Hill isn't behind the egregious price hikes?

I'm not a Mark Cho apologist. However, The Armoury doesn't show the same pattern of decreasing make or quality of their garments while concomitantly raising prices.

Mark Cho has also done heaps for the menswear community, lets not forget.

henrip

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Drake’s needlecord 5 pocket trousers are cut on the same block/pattern as their jeans? The size chart seems to suggest it but since their size chart usually it isn’t accurate at all… Thanks in advance!
My needlecords are size 32 and jeans would be 29 or 28. I didn’t quite like the fit. Don’t buy before trying on.

Reactions: MaE

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads