• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mbb355

Reaction score
Yeah the cotton drill will absolutely crease and fade and crumple - I think you have to embrace it as part of the charm as it's inevitable
For what it's worth I think heavy cotton drill drapes much more elegantly than lighter-weight cotton. A good, heavy cotton can hold a crease and fall more cleanly than lighter-weight cotton, while still looking more casual than anything in wool. Heavy cotton drill is my go-to for cotton trousers.

ponderosa

Reaction score
Curious what opinions/experience anyone has regarding the Casentino fleece...

Epic troll or not, I've got both, and they're some of my favorite things in the closet. Navy gets you a lot more places, but the orange is classic in its own right and fun. Have you seen orange Casentino in person? It's BRIGHT.
As some other folks have mentioned deeper in these 569 pages, it's been a nice thing to throw on to shuffle to coffee or chase little ones. It's the Dadfleece. Works with five pockets, canvas trousers, moccasins or Birks, but I've tossed it on over a shirt and tie to walk to work. As I go on, I find that while I like the more formal stuff, the most used tends to be something a little easier to wear. If it rocks your socks to have something sassy (and sure, stupid expensive) like Casentino in a sea of Patagonia, go for it. Hell, their zips and snaps aren't tipped in corduroy...

monday100

Reaction score
Those who own the casentino fleece, did you take the same size you would in Drake's suting/knitwear?

ponderosa

Reaction score
Those who own the casentino fleece, did you take the same size you would in Drake's suting/knitwear?
Yep, same as Drake's odd jacket size and some earlier outerwear (peacoat). Don't have pictures of myself, but the Casentino is what I'd call appropriately boxy with a slight slouch - these photos are pretty accurate for usual-size fit: https://www.drakes.com/fr/editorial/casentino-fleece-drakes-orange-outerwear-essay/
I wouldn't go smaller given the sleeve and body length, as well as the weave.
The orange is really more of a saturated bright glowing orange than the slightly red-orange tone I get from the link above - could be a sleeper piece in a roadside bar full of hunters at first glance. Navy is...navy. As long as they're on the cheeky take on stodgy horse blanket kick, I wouldn't mind having an emerald version.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Off topic so I apologise, any hotel / accommodation recommendations within walking distance to Drakes that aren’t >800 GBP a night? London hotels seem to have doubled in price.

CatoCensorius

Reaction score
Any reason you can't take the tube? Plenty of affordable hotels 10 minutes away in, for example, Pimlico/Victoria.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Just try booking.com.

Last few times in London I stayed near Charing Cross. Hotels St Martins Lane and The Clermont. Prices between 250-400 euro per night. You can take the bus right there and you’ll be at Drake’s within 15 minutes.

IUWINS98

Reaction score
Off topic so I apologise, any hotel / accommodation recommendations within walking distance to Drakes that aren’t >800 GBP a night? London hotels seem to have doubled in price.
Nearly everything bar the usual 5 star suspects...

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
Just try booking.com.

Last few times in London I stayed near Charing Cross. Hotels St Martins Lane and The Clermont. Prices between 250-400 euro per night. You can take the bus right there and you’ll be at Drake’s within 15 minutes.
You stay at The Clermont but get on the bus? Why not Holiday Inn and a taxi?

wahnamhong

Reaction score
You stay at The Clermont but get on the bus? Why not Holiday Inn and a taxi?
It’s fun to hang with the plebs... ;)

Seriously though, London equals expense account for me. Taxis galore, but for personal shopping trips I switch it up using the bus when it rains or just walking.

The Clermont isn’t so special by the way, but The Corinthia nearby is. Best hotel I ever stayed at in London.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads