• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess it’s time to appreciate some of the Drake’s stuff that has made its way to my closet somehow and post some awkward fit pics…

View attachment 1818584

I absolutely love the color of this shetland sweater. I’m usually really hesitant to buy any other color than white, black, blue, brown or army green. Really few brands gets the tone of their more colorful clothes just right but Drake’s is certainly one of them. (Paired with Ami jeans and Astorflex shoes)

View attachment 1818588
While shopping groceries in the most popular menswear store in Finland (Prisma) one has to stop and admire the Drake’s pique shirt. The weight of the fabric, its silky luster and fit is just absolutely right 👌. (Paired with Beams Japan hat, Orslow shorts and Tarvas shoes)

View attachment 1818589
I’ve been looking for a perfect hoodie for a while. Japanese loopwheeled garments are ofcourse really nice and soft but the risk to mess up the shape in laundry is annoying… this piece seems solid enough that I might have to buy a grey one too. And again, color is great and new to me. Canal loafers are super comfy but not as great as Astorflex though (so they might not be made by Astorflex 🤔). I bought another pair in black from the archive sale since it was only 145£ so they’re good enough… (Paired with Fullcount jeans)

Drake’s might be really ******* expensive but they do make great pieces. The style works well with other clothes I have, fit is great for my body type and the textures and little details really make me love them ❤
Great fits man!

Phillip Dean

Reaction score
I'm curious as to whether anyone here has had experience with the submariner roll neck jumper. I have the Drake's shetland and shawl collar cardigan in several colors: I take the shetland in a 40, and the shawl in a 42.

I'm curious as to whether the sweater fits TTS (in which case I'd be a 40) or if I should size up to a 42. My chief concern is whether the sleeves are generous; that's the factor that allows me to go TTS on the Shetlands.

Phillip Dean

Reaction score
A heads up that there are some pretty substantial markdowns on Drake's stuff over at Ssense:

mbb355

Reaction score
A heads up that there are some pretty substantial markdowns on Drake's stuff over at Ssense:

I've never seen Drakes clothing look less appealing than it does on this website.

Henry S

Reaction score
I've never seen Drakes clothing look less appealing than it does on this website.
It's their secret sauce, not joking.
From the article: "...
Ssense’s product photos may be the brand’s most distinctive calling cards. Each item is styled with editorial precision, usually on flinty-faced models, like the kind you may find meandering through Dimes Square in New York City, against open white backgrounds.

“You can see an Ssense photo anywhere on the web, and you know it’s Ssense without having seen the logo,” Mr. Atallah said.

Alexa Lanza, the market director of Interview magazine, often uses Ssense as a research tool because of its vast selection of products and visual presentation.

“They have a very particular eye when it comes to their casting and lighting and styling,” she said. “There’s a personality to it, but it’s not overwhelming to the customer.”

“You can tell what the clothes are going to look like on a person,” she said. ..."
Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/23/style/the-sensibility-of-ssense.html

slows2k

Reaction score
It's their secret sauce, not joking.

Ugh. It's the sauce that ensures I never buy from them. I hear the part about brand recognizability across the internet but I have a hard time believing anyone outside the industry finds these types of product photos useful.

“You can tell what the clothes are going to look like on a person,” she said. ..."
Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/23/style/the-sensibility-of-ssense.html

^^ I don't even know how that would be possible here.

Henry S

Reaction score
Ugh. It's the sauce that ensures I never buy from them. I hear the part about brand recognizability across the internet but I have a hard time believing anyone outside the industry finds these types of product photos useful.
I can see myself ordering from them only if I know the piece beforehand and it's on sale.

^^ I don't even know how that would be possible here.
Neither do I.
I just don't bother check their stock for that reason.

Phillip Dean

Reaction score
I agree that their model photos and styling are garbage, but perhaps we have that to thank for why all this Drake's stuff is getting marked to 50% off or more.

I ended up ordering the Submariner roll neck in a a 40 and 42, as they offer free returns.

Last edited:

shurgen

Reaction score

I picked up the Ecru fleece... measurements seem a bit wonky so we'll see how it turns out (Size ~38-39 chest and picked up the S).

John Grady Cole

Reaction score
Think you’ll want an M.

I am 41-42” chest(depending on the day) and my M is just a little bit too tight for my liking.

Its a very nice piece. Warmer than you’d think.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads