• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any reason why Drake's flannel trousers have a side adjusters on the single pleat and belt loops on the flat front, Is it a conventional thing?

I'm looking to have a pair of flannel trousers made bespoke but was wondering if I went flat front with side adjusters it would be against classic menswear conventions.

Any thoughts?
No convention, other than they be leaning towards a pleat with suits, and flat front for odd trousers ….

For bespoke, your preference for either pleats or flat front, mix and match with side adjusters or belt loops, no real convention that one specifically goes with the other.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Comfy office fit today, what do you think about the chore size, too slouchy? It’s quite roomy :)

Drake’s denim chore coat
Plain white tee
orSlow regular fatigues
Suede birkenstocks

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpeg
    IMG_0144.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0146.jpeg
    IMG_0146.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 194

LB23

Reaction score
Comfy office fit today, what do you think about the chore size, too slouchy? It’s quite roomy :)

Drake’s denim chore coat
Plain white tee
orSlow regular fatigues
Suede birkenstocks
Looks good - that's how my chore coat looks on me anyway.

espen

Reaction score
Well, curiosity is getting the better part of me. When was the archive sale live last summer?

trg12

Reaction score
IMG_1871.jpeg
IMG_1872.jpeg
Mine looks different, but it has orange tones too. No idea unfortunately what model year mine is. Didn’t they also sell a fully lined version?

slows2k

Reaction score
Yep they also sell a fully lined version in dark wash like yours I think.

Jungle jacket owners, would you say it fits bigger than the chore coats in same size?

The sizing advice I got from the NYC Drakes shop was that it was the largest fitting garment at its tagged size they currently carried, and it was equivalent to a size up from the same tagged size chore coat. That vibes with the measurement charts online so I would say, yes.

boujeepeople

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey there, I hope you all have had good week,

I justed wanted to offer the group 16% off for fathers days this weekend.

That is 16% off site wide in both menswear and womenwear so can treat yourself and your partner as well

Use code STYLE16 at checkout and must be signed up to our newsletter too.

Offers is valid till 17th and midnight BST

Have a great weekend and check us out never know what you many find

nachobarro

Reaction score
The sizing advice I got from the NYC Drakes shop was that it was the largest fitting garment at its tagged size they currently carried, and it was equivalent to a size up from the same tagged size chore coat. That vibes with the measurement charts online so I would say, yes.
Thanks, I found a ripstop jungle jacket but from a few seasons ago (made in Italy) so let’s see if they sizing is consistent, should fit well then.

Wim

Reaction score
Yep they also sell a fully lined version in dark wash like yours I think.

Jungle jacket owners, would you say it fits bigger than the chore coats in same size?
Yes, both the body an the sleeves are roomier than those of the chore coats (inluding the linen chores) in the same size.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katywest335