• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Heavyweight Tees Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's popular heavyweight tees are now restocked, in three styles, so there is something for every style. They are available in three classic colors: white, black, and the heather grey featured here.. These high quality tees are staples that work in every seasons. Check them out here here

If you have any questions for the designer, please, he is a valued and active member and sponsor of the community, and can be found here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Brand new Resolute 714 jeans with Drake's heavy linen chore jacket and Drake's sweater west.
IMG_20240609_110849.jpg

Kid_Icarus

Reaction score
Does anybody here have strong opinions for or against shirts with a long point collar? When would you want to wear these? I’ve read it’s meant as a mixture between formal and informal. I usually wear either button down or spread collars, but have been eyeing long point collar shirts from Drake’s, as a change. Thanks!
When I was younger, my feeling about them was that they were a good complement to a smaller tie knot, whether due to the method of tying the tie or the thickness of the material, and that a spread collar looked best with a more prominent tie knot. I still think that’s the case. But given that ties are seldom worn these days I guess the real question is how to the point collar looks unbuttoned.

I think they look fine unbuttoned under a jacket as long as the points don’t flap over the lapel. The only time I don’t love their appearance is unbuttoned on their own without another layer. I definitely prefer button-down for that situation, although spread can also look surprisingly natural depending on the shirt material.

Button-down remains the best choice for the way I dress and live most of the time, but I’ll consider a point collar if I really like everything else about the shirt and no other collar styles are available.

Just my $0.02!

nachobarro

Reaction score
Good morning gentlemen,

I’ve recently bought a Denim Chore Coat, and the pocket linings are orange, is that how they are supposed to be? Or is my new jacket from an older season?

Thanks in advance,

Nacho

Reaction score
I believe it is film. I saw this lookbook when it hit and thought something similar. You're probably right about the Pentax 6x7 w/ the 105 f2.8. Notice the shadow in the last photo here. Is the photographer intentionally telling us that they're shooting on a camera with a waist level viewfinder held close to the chest or there abouts?

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Can anybody weigh in on how much shrinkage occurs to the shirts after over 3 washes? Would love some feedback on cotton, linen, chambray, and madras.

My shirts have shrunk to the point where the neck is unbearable to button up. Wondering if I should size up by 1 or 2 sizes for my next purchase.
What kind of shirts? My Charvet shirts have never lost a smidge. Many other shirts same thing. OCBD is what I grew up with back in the day, they are not supposed to shrink. Always wash your shirts in gentle short cycle in cool, by themselves. And always hang dry. And always iron when they're just about dry. Never put a dress shirt in the dryer. These are golden rules taught to me as a child.

Freshnewduds23

Reaction score
Any reason why Drake's flannel trousers have a side adjusters on the single pleat and belt loops on the flat front, Is it a conventional thing?

I'm looking to have a pair of flannel trousers made bespoke but was wondering if I went flat front with side adjusters it would be against classic menswear conventions.

Any thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roboto Uganda