• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

badabing1234

Reaction score
I love drake's jeans. They look great and pretty comfy when I'm standing up.

But when i sit down the damn crotch seams rides up my crotch. I think it's because of the shorter rise in the back. It's annoying af.

Do you all have the same feeling?

Wim

Reaction score
Toweling chore completely over the top?
It's a bit of a contentious garment judging from earlier posts about the Sea Town towelling chore coats last year, I gather, but I actually love it (got the yellow one - but hey, older guys look better with a flash of colour). Like an actual towel, it's double-face instead of the more typical outside-only towelling fabric, so it is very comfortable to wear. Not for the boardroom, but a lot less outlandish than it might appear at first sight.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a bit of a contentious garment judging from earlier posts about the Sea Town towelling chore coats last year, I gather, but I actually love it (got the yellow one - but hey, older guys look better with a flash of colour). Like an actual towel, it's double-face instead of the more typical outside-only towelling fabric, so it is very comfortable to wear. Not for the boardroom, but a lot less outlandish than it might appear at first sight.
I was definitely thinking about it as a pool/beach garment to block the sun

wahnamhong

Reaction score
The long pointed collar dress shirt on white is fantastic. Great breathable cloth and lovely collar
I cannot stress enough how great Drake’s shirts are, especially the poplin ones. I’ve bought two of them over the past few months and I’ve been wearing them all the time. There is a lot of talk here about the oxfords but I personally prefer the poplins - for OCBD’s I actually also like Finamore a lot.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot stress enough how great Drake’s shirts are, especially the poplin ones. I’ve bought two of them over the past few months and I’ve been wearing them all the time. There is a lot of talk here about the oxfords but I personally prefer the poplins - for OCBD’s I actually also like Finamore a lot.
Yep, mine is the poplin. I'm gonna really enjoy wearing it.

Trevallon

Reaction score
Does anyone know of European stockists for Drake's? So far I found Goods in Copenhaben (obiously) and Care of Carl.

Purchasing from Drake's (so, from England) is usually the more expensive way to go compared to getting something from a vendor in Europe.

And, while I defended their prices a couple of posts ago, I swear, the last time I looked the linen chores were in the 600+ Euro league. Now they are going for 800, and I don't mind ordering from closer to home and saving some bucks.

Wim

Reaction score
Does anyone know of European stockists for Drake's? So far I found Goods in Copenhaben (obiously) and Care of Carl.

Purchasing from Drake's (so, from England) is usually the more expensive way to go compared to getting something from a vendor in Europe.

And, while I defended their prices a couple of posts ago, I swear, the last time I looked the linen chores were in the 600+ Euro league. Now they are going for 800, and I don't mind ordering from closer to home and saving some bucks.
There’s L’habilleur beige in Paris, Frans Boone in Knokke and Sluis (ties only) but not aware of any others. Online, Mr Porter sells an ecru linen chore coat (labeled as an overshirt but really the same as the linen chores on the Drake’s site) for 605 EUR. Oh, and in UK, END has some sales going on (Drake’s hoodies, T-shirts and shetlands, for instance).

Last edited:

boujeepeople

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Toweling chore completely over the top?
I wear one myself, tbh I find it hard to find an occasion to wear I here in the UK. But spring down on the Amalfi coast it was perfect late night jacket as it was getting cooler.

woO

Reaction score
Does it sizes like the linen chore jackets or more like the winter ones (tighter)?

Wim

Reaction score
Does it sizes like the linen chore jackets or more like the winter ones (tighter)?
I have a size 40 towelling chore which is similar to a 40 heavy cotton twill chore. The linens are really huge - I have a 38 linen chore which is even roomier than the size 40 in the towelling and twill. If you’d like some measurements for comparison, let me know.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
I have a size 40 towelling chore which is similar to a 40 heavy cotton twill chore. The linens are really huge - I have a 38 linen chore which is even roomier than the size 40 in the towelling and twill. If you’d like some measurements for comparison, let me know.
1687008289672.png

LiamMcM

Reaction score
For those of you who have both a games jacket and a trailered one, how do you find the difference in fit/feel? I really enjoy the comfort afforded by my games jackets in size 46 and wonder if trying a tailored jacket in size 48 would be worth it. Would have to see if the wider shoulder brings with it armhole problems. Any advice welcome! Cheers

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferdoris