• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italianglo

Reaction score
Brown Corduroy Chore Jacket, Blue Check Two Pocket Work Shirt (sucker for their workshirts... I know, not really CM but work great for me and get the most wear), Cobalt Blue Corduroy Shorts, Wine and blue block pocket square...

the shorts and the chore jacket were "on my list" of things to get
I got the Brown Corduroy Chore Jacket last season and will say it's one of my favorites. That's one of the items I wear the most and look forward to doing so every chance I get.

Phillip Dean

Reaction score
To those who have owned the raglan mac coat-did you size up, or take your regular size? Particularly concerned about sleeve length.

garigo

Reaction score
To those who have owned the raglan mac coat-did you size up, or take your regular size? Particularly concerned about sleeve length.
I tried it on in store and am waiting to receive it from the archive now. Definitely true to size.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
The yellow seatown chore coat is not that bad to be honest... Perfect item to take along when going to a hotel pool or Italian beach... :)

Anyway, just saw this pic on instagram. Really surprised how much I like these green fatigue trousers.

85175F65-3033-4D6C-A24A-69D8DAB8FDCB.png

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Got my mixed case of ties. Not sure how I’ll wear a white grenadine but the others are useful. The blue and red repp also has a mustard stripe and is really nice.

The real disappointment is the seafoam satin tie. They pack the ties in rough corrugated cardboard and it appears that tie got caught when they inserted the box into the outer cardboard sleeve, so there is a horizontal scuff across the bottom at the widest point. The tie has a peached surface so only visible in some light, but it’s annoying because it was so avoidable.

For CAD 33.00 each, including tax and shipping, I’m satisfied.

Attachments

• 3467DF66-128C-4390-B30C-59766BA33F57.jpeg
    3467DF66-128C-4390-B30C-59766BA33F57.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 160

JIMIG

Reaction score
To those who have been following drakes for longer than I have: do you think last years raglan coats will be re-released this year?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To those who have been following drakes for longer than I have: do you think last years raglan coats will be re-released this year?
Probably not, but you might be able to pick some up in their next sample sale.

I would bet we will see more raglan coats this fall/winter, but they change up the colors and fabrics every year.

So, if your looking for a specific one from last year, concur with @cristofromkensington , if on the other hand, you are just looking for the style, I bet there will be new offerings.....

LiamMcM

Reaction score
I would bet we will see more raglan coats this fall/winter, but they change up the colors and fabrics every year.

So, if your looking for a specific one from last year, concur with @cristofromkensington , if on the other hand, you are just looking for the style, I bet there will be new offerings.....
They briefly teased a few of the new fabrics a little while ago on IG. No screenshots to provide, I’m afraid.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of raglan coats, I have the herringbone from FW '20 (as highlighted here)

The fabric is killer, super lightweight for the size of the coat, and incredibly soft. The Herringbone has a great scale to it....

But, and here's the rub, I was so infatuated, I bought the last piece, which is two sizes down from my normal. I see that some resellers, recommend sizing down one
https://gentlemensfootwear.com/products/drakes-grey-wool-raglan-coat

I can't stop thinking that I bought a coat two sizes down... is it too small (not really)? If it does fit (it does) am I missing the "intended" fit? Should I just plan to wear over a light layer (most coats, I like to size to fit over tailoring)

Anyone else have one of the raglan coats? How did you size?

yungchomsky

Reaction score
I'm looking at the cord shorts online... can anyone confirm that the size charts are accurate? i.e. the actual waist is around an inch smaller than the tagged waist?

To post a followup that will probably not be very useful to anyone -- turns out the size chart was pretty accurate, the shorts did run very small, and I bought the wrong size :(

Meanwhile, I also got the patchwork denim shirt from the archive sale, where the size chart says it's 24.75" pit to pit -- the actual garment measures 22.25".

wahnamhong

Reaction score
I got the red striped linen shirt from the archivesale, and this 16.5 also fits smaller than my regular 16.5 Drake’s shirts - including the blue striped linen shirt from a previous archivesale.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads