• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unofficial Drakes Buy, Sell, or Trade Thread

vanmosh

Reaction score
Have a lambswool shawl collar in a nice cocoa that I picked up from an archive sale last December. Size 40, new without tags. Never worn and need to clear out the closet. Feel free to make me an offer!

It's on the hanger just for the photo. Stored flat in its own bag.

drakes.jpeg

slows2k

Reaction score
Have a lambswool shawl collar in a nice cocoa that I picked up from an archive sale last December. Size 40, new without tags. Never worn and need to clear out the closet. Feel free to make me an offer!

View attachment 1670165

Very nice piece. Ive always been a little confused at the sizing recommendations for these on the Drakes thread. does a 40 fit a normal size 40 chest? I have read conflicting info on it so am not sure.

clemente21

Reaction score
Very nice piece. Ive always been a little confused at the sizing recommendations for these on the Drakes thread. does a 40 fit a normal size 40 chest? I have read conflicting info on it so am not sure.

In my experience a size bigger in the cardigans is often better - so a tagged 42 for a 40 chest - but it may be because I like them to look a little more slouchy

Sartyroialist

Reaction score
In my experience a size bigger in the cardigans is often better - so a tagged 42 for a 40 chest - but it may be because I like them to look a little more slouchy
I'll second this observation if you like them slouchy. I have a 40 in cashmere and a Small in camelhair. They fit similarly (comfortably, not slouchy on me), and seem nearly the same size. Comparatively, I'm 5' 11" ~165+ with a good fit to Drake's 15.5 shirts and 36/38/small in other knitwear.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1670165
How soft are these?

clemente21

Reaction score
While we're on the subject of cardigans I also just put one up but in a larger size. I'd say the lambswool are soft and very comfortable but obviously they're not gonna be as soft as their cashmere ones.

Drake's Brown Lambswool Shawl Collar Cardigan, 42/44

IMG_3899.jpeg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

clemente21

Reaction score
Maybe im just not seeing it, but aren’t classifieds supposed to have a price?

I'm inputting a price for every listing

EDIT: looks like the price only shows up in the public listing if I include my PayPal information in the listing itself (?)

vanmosh

Reaction score
In regard to sizing, if you go TTS or are on the border, it looks more like this. (side note: saved this image from StyleForum a while ago, no idea who it is).

1599588616104-png.1454831

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads