• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would size down one on the reversible fleece, trucker worked tts.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's because you never had better

Whatever happened to you starting your own line and making tees Jet? I would've copped one. What tees are you wearing now?

I never understood the hype for the Uniqlo supima tees. I checked it out when there was only the NYC location and maybe it was the combination of the material and fit but Everlane when they first came out was much better at $15. After they got bigger the material isn't as nice now.

Reactions: jet

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Whatever happened to you starting your own line and making tees Jet? I would've copped one. What tees are you wearing now?

I never understood the hype for the Uniqlo supima tees. I checked it out when there was only the NYC location and maybe it was the combination of the material and fit but Everlane when they first came out was much better at $15. After they got bigger the material isn't as nice now.

I still need to do it man I'm just busy with all these other projects that clothing has taken a back seat. Mine ain't gonna be 15 bux though but I do have more connects than ever right now. I'm going to find some of the best fabric and have them made well so they will be pricey but still have value meaning not overpriced garbage. I'm doing stuff in another industry right now but I may do some bags/backpacks and maybe work boots at some point. I'm sort of favoring authentic workwear at the moment.

I'm still wearing the $12 supimas from 2-3 years ago which were soft and silky after a wash and on the baggier side in an xl since I like my tops oversized. They aren't the best tees I've ever worn but they are hard wearing tees I ******** up without caring. I've got $80 tees that are nicer but I don't know if they are perfect. Like I mentioned I bought a crew and a v neck just a couple of months ago and both pre/post wash the tees are noticeably coarser as well as shorter and slimmer in an xl which I do not like. The v neck is real baby ****, my preferred v necks were the uniqlo underwear tees from 07ish that were deeper but of course *********** those up. I can't stand fake v necks man. I just noticed the supimas went up to $15 so I'm going to revisit them to see if they've reverted back to the old fabric. I don't care if costs go up I only ask they keep the quality the same with whatever it is I'm buying both clothing and non-clothing related.

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still need to do it man I'm just busy with all these other projects that clothing has taken a back seat. Mine ain't gonna be 15 bux though but I do have more connects than ever right now. I'm going to find some of the best fabric and have them made well so they will be pricey but still have value meaning not overpriced garbage. I'm doing stuff in another industry right now but I may do some bags/backpacks and maybe work boots at some point. I'm sort of favoring authentic workwear at the moment.

I'm still wearing the $12 supimas from 2-3 years ago which were soft and silky after a wash and on the baggier side in an xl since I like my tops oversized. They aren't the best tees I've ever worn but they are hard wearing tees I ******** up without caring. I've got $80 tees that are nicer but I don't know if they are perfect. Like I mentioned I bought a crew and a v neck just a couple of months ago and both pre/post wash the tees are noticeably coarser as well as shorter and slimmer in an xl which I do not like. The v neck is real baby ****, my preferred v necks were the uniqlo underwear tees from 07ish that were deeper but of course *********** those up. I can't stand fake v necks man. I just noticed the supimas went up to $15 so I'm going to revisit them to see if they've reverted back to the old fabric. I don't care if costs go up I only ask they keep the quality the same with whatever it is I'm buying both clothing and non-clothing related.

Yea I didn't expect it to be 15 bucks. A good price range is around $40 - $50, uniform la (a brand started by a member here) seems to be doing really well at that pricepoint.

Yea the Uniqlo v necks were a joke, it was crew neck tight just shaped like a v whenever I tried it the last few years

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Fabric on mine holds up. Not sure what I should expect at the 10 euro price point.

$2 hanes tees hold up not sure what your point is exactly nor do i care at this point so no need to respond

Yea I didn't expect it to be 15 bucks. A good price range is around $40 - $50, uniform la (a brand started by a member here) seems to be doing really well at that pricepoint.

Yea the Uniqlo v necks were a joke, it was crew neck tight just shaped like a v whenever I tried it the last few years

haven't seen those tees but i'm pretty sure i can make better

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Wearing the Uniqlo x JWAnderson tartan popover shirt (and a UU Harrington) if you wanna have a look :
A nice fit, comfy, good looking.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
got the t necks in and the colors are better than depicted on their trash ass site as is always the case, good for ballers on a budget

i swear nobody knows how to make a proper website

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
got the t necks in and the colors are better than depicted on their trash ass site as is always the case, good for ballers on a budget

i swear nobody knows how to make a proper website

Which t necks? Link pls

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
just the basic lambswool, think they're on sale for 29

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn you got me remembering how dope the 2008 V necks were, they draped well.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Uniqlo U Spring Summer 2020 Preview
Mens: https://www.fashion-press.net/news/56016
Womens: https://www.fashion-press.net/news/56015

Fresh color palette, there's plenty of denim, the open collar shirt returns as a cuban style shirt, the rest seem mostly familiar silhouettes and pieces from past seasons but with slight alternations. I really like the denim coverall and stand collar shirt, even if I have so many of these already.

5B4.jpg 6BM.jpg 13A.jpg l68.jpg scQ.jpg _a4.jpg _Xc.jpg 6mw.jpg BBc.jpg BmM.jpg dy4.jpg e7Y.jpg K5k.jpg sN8.jpg SNI.jpg Tjg.jpg x0o.jpg YMY.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads