• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
US size is one size bigger than Asian size.
US X-Small = Asian Small
US Small = Asian Medium
US Medium = Asian Large

True for chest size, but Asian sized pieces also tend to be slightly shorter in body and sleeves for tops.

milktoast

Reaction score
anyone else find that this season's uniqlo u hoodies are baggier than in the past? i have a hoodie that i ordered from them as recently as this year that fit me much better than the uniqlo u hoodie i tried on

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I bought one of their jeans, more than ten years ago. They had launched the under 1000 yen Jeans (they used to cost 999 yens. Around 6 dollars then)
I've still got those jeans and they are still going strong !
My kids (who are half Japanese) always buy some stuff there when they are in vacation in Japan. The GU audience was at the youth destination (well at least when they started - made me think of TopShop). They didnt have many shops in the time. I dont know now.
On another subject, wearing the UU fatigue jacket on the "cut of your jib" Friday Challenge...

conqueror

Reaction score
the japanese EG sizing is really weird on me. bummer.

i'm 6'1 and typically wear a M in western uniqlo and a L in jp. never usually have any issues, even with sleeve length.

tried on the pullover fleece sweater. M is too small, L is fine except the sleeves are way too short, and XL is massive in all dimensions. most stores in tokyo seem to be sold out of what i really wanted (the jacket in navy), so maybe it's a sign.

EUtroll

Reaction score
anyone else find that this season's uniqlo u hoodies are baggier than in the past? i have a hoodie that i ordered from them as recently as this year that fit me much better than the uniqlo u hoodie i tried on
Very much so. So much bigger and longer than my old stuff which, to be fair, were bought quite a few years ago.

ElNino

Reaction score
I just received the EG collarless coat in beige and combination jacket in black.

Quick review: combination jacket will get a lot of wear, collarless coat not so much but will keep. Both are oversized and fit similarly to the Uniqlo U shirt jacket.

What's the sleeve length like on the combination fleece? I can't decide between a medium or a large.

taduuu

Reaction score
What's the sleeve length like on the combination fleece? I can't decide between a medium or a large.
I am 179cm and sleeves on size S are perfect length. Would fit smaller person and little bit taller person as well, but not much taller. So I think sleeves are little bit longer than typical size S garments

I have worn combination jacket every day when lounging at home. Autumn has been freezing in Finland

ElNino

Reaction score
I am 179cm and sleeves on size S are perfect length. Would fit smaller person and little bit taller person as well, but not much taller. So I think sleeves are little bit longer than typical size S garments

I have worn combination jacket every day when lounging at home. Autumn has been freezing in Finland

Thanks. I'm 189cm and debating between a medium and a large. I don't like things to fit too oversized but also need the sleeves to be long.

Friednoodles

Reaction score
Yeah sizing of EG stuff in asia is really weird.
theyre basically one size smaller compared to eu/usa but sleeves length is even more reduced.
for example, Size M in asia fits like a Western size S (body length, width, etc) but the sleeves are even shorter than a western size S.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this discussion of sizing

tenor.gif

bencap

Reaction score
Has anyone sized down on the U Fleece Shirt Jacket?I went back about twenty pages in this thread cause I remember there being talk about this jacket, but only saw mentions of how it fit TTS.

I have one that I bought TTS and fits oversized like in the product shots. I like it, but I'm considering buying another color in a size down, for when I want to wear slimmer pants/shirt with it. Since they're cut to fit oversized, will it just look weird? I can't get over to a uniqlo store anytime soon, otherwise I'd just try one on.

Nayyyyy

Reaction score
Looks good! How did you size it?

Thanks! I go between a XS or S depending on Qlo product and measurements. In the end I went for an XS. It's a lot longer in the body, I had it taken up by 2". Apart from that a classic rugby fit really. There's even a pleat added below the placket which is a cool detail.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
UU flannels are pretty good, worth a pickup even more so if you can catch on sale. Better fabric than the mainline Uniqlo ones. They still have a soft hand to them though, so some people might think they feel like pajama tops. But they are soft, warm, and have a nice drape to it.

IMG_20191108_164850(1).jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads