• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried / seen / got an opinion on the new ultra light down puffer jackets? I got one from the U collection several winters ago and it looks like they've made them part of the mainline. I gave it a lot of wear and it took a bit of beating so retired it earlier this year. A great jacket for the price but the major downside was the shedding - i'd often take it off and my under layer (especially if it was a knit) would have feathers all over it. I also found over time the sleeves 'bunched' at where you fold your arms. But it was incredibly lightweight and i liked the puffy fit so i'd be tempted again if they've fixed the shedding.

Alternatively the JW reversible down jacket might be an option. A bit more substantial with what looks like a removable hood so might be decent in the B&W. Not entirely sold though. Other option i'm debating is the down puffer from Arket. They've got a decent down range albeit more expensive. But the temperature has dropped here and i need something.

In other Uniqlo news i'm a little disappointed in the fleece half zip pullover thing. I went TTS as i want a midlayer to wear over a t-shirt. Fit is okay but the bottom is finished with that elasticated ribbing, and with the pocket system the whole thing kinda rides up and flared out awkwardly. Might be fixed by sizing up but don't really wanna wear 7 layers underneath it like half the models on the product page do.

So honestly I found that this might be better seasons for down. There’s yellow ultra light down jacket that I thought was great. Because of its versatility. Thin enough to put underneath a jacket but warm enough for a fall night. And it’s a color that’s actually pretty good with a lot of colors somehow.

I tried on this JW Anderson jacket today which was actually awesome. Great quality, removal fleece liner and it looks and feels like a thick water repellent shell. The cut was great as well. Fits slightly more relaxed with slightly boxy sleeves which would be good for a knit underneath. Just felt like a great piece and really comfortable.

Tried on this red puffer and it was pretty dope, felt kinda like 90s rapper in a way. Fit was oversized and felt like wearing a down comforter lol but I liked it.

And this other jacket I thought was really good. Made me think of original + J. Quality was good but it felt more refined and minimal than other pieces. This one I felt like it could be worn in different seasons.

conqueror

Reaction score
like the polos from last season, australian uniqlo isn't stocking this EG collab either.

my friend in tokyo can grab me the jacket i want - does anyone know definitively if it's 'normal' japanese uniqlo sized (i.e i wear a M in western uniqlo so need a L in japanese), or if they just did one sizing run across the board (i.e. the medium EG jacket bought in the US fits the same as medium bought in tokyo). i thought maybe the latter - surely they don't do east/west sizing for such a small collection!?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
like the polos from last season, australian uniqlo isn't stocking this EG collab either.

my friend in tokyo can grab me the jacket i want - does anyone know definitively if it's 'normal' japanese uniqlo sized (i.e i wear a M in western uniqlo so need a L in japanese), or if they just did one sizing run across the board (i.e. the medium EG jacket bought in the US fits the same as medium bought in tokyo). i thought maybe the latter - surely they don't do east/west sizing for such a small collection!?

Hmm, good question. They do asian sizing for Uniqlo U. I would think the EG is asian sized too. Hopefully, otherwise I got the wrong size.

Mishathebeer

Reaction score

i bought the green one off the europe site and i will receive a black one from japan in a couple of days
i will let you know

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Tried on this red puffer and it was pretty dope, felt kinda like 90s rapper in a way. Fit was oversized and felt like wearing a down comforter lol but I liked it.

Any feel on how warm it might be? Filling isn't down but 'heat-retaining quilted padding' and one review suggests it's a bit on the thin side. I've had a non-down puffer before and it wasn't great at retaining heat. Felt like i was always in that weird hot-cold limbo.

Mishathebeer

Reaction score

i can confirm
Europe m is asia L in the eg collab
Got a europe olive one in size Medium and a japanese black one in size L

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if they’re supposed to restock the EG combo fleece in Canada / US?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be careful with some of the answers to the question of collab sizing. In terms of the EG collab, the answer is that it depends on how you want it to fit. In tops, I am size S in the west but M in Japan, almost universally. The EG fleeces etc. are generally big, and they fit me fine in size S, but if you want that EG 'oversized' / relaxed fit look, you have to size up. Actually, when I've tried them on, many of the collabs seem to be bigger than the normal Uniqlo sizing, e.g. my Lemaire fleece jacket is size S, and M would be way too big. So, unfortunately, the only real answer is to try them on...

I am very pleased today because I managed to get the JW Anderson collab brown drawstring cord pants I wanted today - they are sold out everywhere in Japan, but it turned out they still had a few online. Will be arriving in a day or two, probably quicker than I expect...

taduuu

Reaction score
Are asian and western sizes really the same except one size difference? I once had a uniqlo linen shirt in asian sizing and one size bigger and it had very short sleeves, much shorter than western ones in my regular size.
M

_inwonderland

Reaction score
Are asian and western sizes really the same except one size difference? I once had a uniqlo linen shirt in asian sizing and one size bigger and it had very short sleeves, much shorter than western ones in my regular size.
M
Usually shorter sleeves and body, too.

cafedandy

Reaction score
I've had some GU items before and it's really mixed: it depends on the item. I had an oxford shirt which held up pretty well (would've kept it if I still fit in it) and a knit cardigan that pilled terribly (but that's because it's 100% acrylic). Uniqlo generally has better quality, but some GU items are catching up. Still better than Zara or H&M quality, tbh.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
US size is one size bigger than Asian size.
US X-Small = Asian Small
US Small = Asian Medium
US Medium = Asian Large

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads