• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lapointe

Reaction score
I found the Uniqlo jog pants to be very short on the leg, nice quality though

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the sizing on the ultra light down vests these days? TTS or down 1 from Uniqlo size? Looking to wear some ULD as an inner layer over a long sleeve tee or thin sweater. Been taking XS in most of the Uniqlo U stuff which has been working for me.

carloso

Reaction score
I just received the EG collarless coat in beige and combination jacket in black.

Quick review: combination jacket will get a lot of wear, collarless coat not so much but will keep. Both are oversized and fit similarly to the Uniqlo U shirt jacket.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received the EG collarless coat in beige and combination jacket in black.

Quick review: combination jacket will get a lot of wear, collarless coat not so much but will keep. Both are oversized and fit similarly to the Uniqlo U shirt jacket.

How is the fleece and overall quality on the combination jacket? I think people in here were complaining about the material in the U version not being as nice as previous seasons and it not being worth retail. Did you happen to try that one out? Not a huge fan of the Frankenstein paneling but it's 40 bucks, much cheaper than NF and Patagonia.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback. How did you size the combination jacket? Do you feel it runs true to the measurements on the Uniqlo site?

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wish some more pictures of that eg stuff was out in the wild before it hits the site tomorrow. Like the shawl collar – I'd like to know if what it looks like with the collar popped, what it looks like unbuttoned. Hard to tell. I guess everything easy to return.

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:crackup:

Are people really paying $100 and more for Frankenstein jackets?!? :crazy:

I don't think buyers will bite. The only Uniqlo collab that sold for more than retail was for that artist who designed Kanye's album cover.

bencap

Reaction score
Most of the +J sold (and probably still sells) for way more than retail on the resale/second hand market.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just surprised myself by picking up up one of the Lemaire / Uniqlo U collab fleece jackets and a pair of chinos because they are both unexpectedly good quality and a more generous cut that the usual Uniqlo measurement. I'm really not sure I like the look of any of the EG collab stuff.

cafedandy

Reaction score

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the sizing on the ultra light down vests these days? TTS or down 1 from Uniqlo size? Looking to wear some ULD as an inner layer over a long sleeve tee or thin sweater. Been taking XS in most of the Uniqlo U stuff which has been working for me.

If you want to wear the vest over, say, a tee or dress shirt, i'd size down one. for over a thicker shirt, TTS.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think EG fans will create a secondary market for some of the Uniqlo collabs, although the polo shirts fell pretty flat. My issue is that if you're paying 100 euros for an EG/U fleece jacket, you can get a "real" Patagonia deep-pile fleece for 125 or so. And the quality of Patagonia fleece is second to none. (And tbh if you're going for the outdoor-core look, I think Patagonia, some of the NF special editions, and even Manastash is a better brand). However, I'm hoping that some of the Paris 'qlos have the EG fleece in stock to try on.

taduuu

Reaction score
EU shop whole EG collection is sold out except XXL and 3XL sizes for pullover.

Hopefully there will be new collections next year. I personally liked polos and regret not buying more and I am pretty sure I will love these fleeces when courier brings them next monday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads