• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Personally like the U Crew Neck Long Sleeve Pocket Tees, the fabric for these are slightly thicker and smoother than the short sleeve U crew necks (which are coarser). The colors look richer in person, too. The low pockets give it the charm as well! Reminds me of the version in 16FW, although that was soft touch fabric (which I hope they use again).

I remember from an interview with Lemaire that the U line is an experimental line, that when some items prove successful, they will be part of, or influence details of mainline Uniqlo items. Items like the knit cotton polo from 17SS, the open collar shirts from 18SS, jeans from 17FW to the recent regular fit tapered jeans, and many more have made it into the mainline Uniqlo collections (of course with some material and detail variations).

PantherPatrol

Reaction score
So freaking annoying how the DRY-EX crew necks are seemingly a Spring/Summer item only.

Mid-August and there are NONE in store. Mostly sold out online.

Stock those year-round as workout staples my dudes. Go after that Lululemon market.

I did buy some UNIQLO U crew neck t-shirts and they're pretty dope. Heavy cotton that I've never felt on a shirt recently. Interesting boxy cut that I think I really like.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So freaking annoying how the DRY-EX crew necks are seemingly a Spring/Summer item only.

Mid-August and there are NONE in store. Mostly sold out online.

Are you talking about these?

The black color seems to be the most popular and almost all the sizes sold out.

EastAtlantaMan

Reaction score
Anyone here know the release date for the UU F/W 2019? I see the previous posts about it trickling in and not being a normal "release". Can anyone confirm?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Liking a lot of that. Have they done straight fit pants before?

Most of it is wait until sales for me as winter is just ending now.

Last edited:

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope that U jacket is dark brown...looks fresh

men-mainImage.jpg

Reactions: 1up

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Materials are always a crapshoot but those are probably the nicest looks to date since the U line started. Really impressed.

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
Is blocktech really that popular?? It seems like season after season Lemaire keeps bringing this same oversized blocktech coat. I really don't like the material of it. I feel like i'm wearing a tent.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good - does it drop online on Sept 26th, or just in store?

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is blocktech really that popular?? It seems like season after season Lemaire keeps bringing this same oversized blocktech coat. I really don't like the material of it. I feel like i'm wearing a tent.

That is what holds me off from buying a blocktech parka. The inside feels like plastic. I don't see the material lasting long either at one point it's got to crack.

The price for the quality holds me back as well I ain't going to lie.

Looks good - does it drop online on Sept 26th, or just in store?

All of the above :)

cafedandy

Reaction score
Liking a lot of that. Have they done straight fit pants before?

Most of it is wait until sales for me as winter is just ending now.
They did last SS18 for chinos and jeans, they'll bring it back on jeans this season. Looks good on slim legs but looks like flare pants for those with big thighs like me :))

cafedandy

Reaction score
Might be a mandatory from Uniqlo since it's their signature product, together with the Ultra Light Down. If anything, it's quite waterproof. But I always notice the difference of Blocktech for mens and womens items, most of the time, men's coats have the plasticky coating, while the women's coats have coated fabric (where you can still feel the fabric with taped seams.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads