• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tennessee

Reaction score
True, same thoughts as well. Some looks in the past seasons use the older U shoes models, or, like from the recent FW18 and SS18 lookbooks have slipons/loafers/shoes that are actually from Lemaire's own.
In NYC the mannequins were wearing Doc Marten 1461 black monos.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Muji stuff is very good. But because of my height, i only very rarely find an item that fit.

@Coldsnap i had a look at the Uniqlo 'vintage' fit Chinos.i can't compare with the anciens ones (as i didnt have one), the material is very nice, but i can just say that for a 'vintage' fit they seem quite slim.

devinhsieh

Reaction score
I have 2 or 3 MUJI shirts, quality is good, highly recommend.
However, my only experience of MUJI sneakers is a disaster.

Whisky51

Reaction score
I visit Muji for their skincare, but always hesitant about their apparel and footwear. Is the quality good? Their prices seem to be slightly higher than Uniqlo.

MUJI actually puts a surprising amount of effort into their footwear, considering how basic it is. Here you can read about all the work they did for their low cut sneakers. You’ll get the gist from Google translate but basically they said if we have shoes specialized for running, shouldn’t we also have shoes specialized for walking. The designer worked with researches at a university that was studying human walking and they worked together to develop the shoe and insole. In the end you have comfortable, basic sneakers but it’s nice to know how thoughtful they were about it.

losangelesghoul

Reaction score

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Muji is better across the board that UNIQLO from my experience. It’s what UNIQLO was when they first came to the US market; basic but well made at a good price.
I have to size up in all Muji tops though.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s what UNIQLO was when they first came to the US market.

Not to start a war on words but Uniqlo quality has not diminished over the years. There have been small periods where quality is not all that great but lately they been putting out some fire pieces with good materials.

devinhsieh

Reaction score

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NO MERCY

Reaction score
I dont think the vest is part of the u collection.

Seems like this season's collection is being trickled in along with the mainline. Women's saw a "curved pants" release that was all u items, and some u tops were included in their "trend report" and "drape" edits.

Think uniqlo is trying something new or just running things out piecemeal as they come out from production?

sid11111

Reaction score
Muji is better across the board that UNIQLO from my experience. It’s what UNIQLO was when they first came to the US market; basic but well made at a good price.
I have to size up in all Muji tops though.

Better across the board and pricier as well. In terms of value proposition, Uniqlo is still king.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo U

Two things I'm not feeling about those shirts. Even though I LOVE the short sleeve version.

The tags on the neckline that will tickle and the pocket looks too low. Of course I would have to try out in person as things might change.

-----------

Changing the convo a bit anyone here have worn these? I know they were out last year.

I have the turtleneck version. Big fan of these soft touch shirts. Kinda want something without the grip of the turtleneck though and these seem to be it. But I'm questioning if the neck shape droops and looks wrinkly sloppy?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like that longsleeve, glad to see it doesn't have so much of a mock neck.

I wonder if they are just slowly making the UU line just a standard line. All their design decisions from the UU line are trickling into their mainline product offerings. Longer front rise, slight taper, slight crop..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads