• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Do those UU twill chinos look a touch longer than usual? They just don't look as cropped in the pictures above. Even seeing just a little bit of a break on the shoe in the mannequin photo.
When I took the display U twill chinos, I put them on my side to check their length and I think they're the same. Maybe they put in a larger size on the mannequin and it went a bit below the ideal rise. :)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These Uniqlo dry tees might be my new thing. Sizing up fits great across chest and shoulders, perfect snugness around the bicep. And the tee is not short. Will see how these wash and dry.

Plain color tees fit good size up. The marled color like this pink one fit a bit snugger.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@gettoasty I use to wear them. I'd just machine wash and dry, they would pill a bit depending on the color. I wore mostly the black ones as they are like $4 are actually decent Ts.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a Signapore proxy around still? We lost the one dude who did it. Prob easiest way for me to get some of this where I'm at.

NYLON

Reaction score
Thanks for the FW UUpreview. Nothing immediately jumps out.
And experience have indicated not to go with their wool stuff.

Besides where i'm at, FW don't make sense.

I hop between Singapore / Hong Kong / Taiwan

cafedandy

Reaction score
Thanks for the FW UUpreview. Nothing immediately jumps out.
And experience have indicated not to go with their wool stuff.

Besides where i'm at, FW don't make sense.

I hop between Singapore / Hong Kong / Taiwan
True on the wool stuff actually, although I do have some good experience with some select items (like some of the wool/nylon blends and some premium lambswool items). But most of the time, if the synthetic percentage is high (hello, acrylic and polyester), it will sadly pill ugly, even if the design is nice. Pilling happens even in the highest end of designer brands, but it's just a matter of which pills "prettiest" to be considered the better choice.

And also agree on where we're at, we live in the tropics :))
I only get to take advantage of such on travels to colder places.

Kelvin0683

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Uniqlo releases dress pants (Not the EZY or Kando pants) in the Fall?

cafedandy

Reaction score
No updates on the U 2019FW lookbook yet but saw these on someone’s instagram:
D1CDA41C-1AFF-4732-BB26-B346DA663C5C.jpeg 84A2B307-084C-4D74-B30C-4DE1EF77E2BD.jpeg 186C1CA3-FB6A-4072-9AA4-739C4FF2A2B6.jpeg

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
One thing that bugs me about Uniqlo is that you see these cool minimalist footwears in lookbooks and mannequins and they don't sell them! Wish they'd step up their footwear production.

cafedandy

Reaction score
One thing that bugs me about Uniqlo is that you see these cool minimalist footwears in lookbooks and mannequins and they don't sell them! Wish they'd step up their footwear production.
True, same thoughts as well. Some looks in the past seasons use the older U shoes models, or, like from the recent FW18 and SS18 lookbooks have slipons/loafers/shoes that are actually from Lemaire's own.

NYLON

Reaction score
Uniqlo uses some brandless shoes for their mannequins.
Have you tried Muji? It's super minimal .

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
Uniqlo uses some brandless shoes for their mannequins.
Have you tried Muji? It's super minimal .

I visit Muji for their skincare, but always hesitant about their apparel and footwear. Is the quality good? Their prices seem to be slightly higher than Uniqlo.

cafedandy

Reaction score
I visit Muji for their skincare, but always hesitant about their apparel and footwear. Is the quality good? Their prices seem to be slightly higher than Uniqlo.
The quality's good in my experience, I have a lot of Muji apparel and footwear that I've been using for years.

Wrenkin

Reaction score

It's definitely better quality than Uniqlo for some items. I like the linen & silk knits, the socks, and the sleepwear. There are good kitchen items as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads