• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cafedandy

Reaction score
As I am now based in Vietnam for work (where most Uniqlo is made but sadly no Uniqlo store yet until Fall 2019), I visited back home in Manila for the weekend as I've missed my family, and of course missed making trips to Uniqlo.

I went to SM Megamall yesterday where one of their large stores are and what a good timing to visit since they had a public exhibit of their Fall/Winter 2019 collection! I took advantage to check out some of the Uniqlo U pieces on display.

Generally, in terms of quality, it's still the Uniqlo U quality we can expect, but since these are samples, it may vary in the final product. Attached are some items I checked out, but didn't take photos of the items we've already seen from Fashion Press and WWD Japan posts.

IMG_9879.JPG

IMG_9869.JPG IMG_9870.JPG

These wool blend jackets have more acrylic then some wool and nylon. Still nice, I think even if it's more synthetic. I really like the low breast pockets.
IMG_9857.JPG IMG_9860.JPG IMG_9864.JPG IMG_9872.JPG

The mannequin also wears what seems like a seamless knit. Didn't see the composition but I think it's lambswool blend. Still nice to the touch.
IMG_9873.JPG

Stand collar shirts are back with double breast button flap pockets. Tag says 100% cotton, but it has a denser feel, similar to last 18FW cotton/lyocell work shirt. Buttons can still really improve - they just love those thick plastic ones :-/
IMG_9861.JPG IMG_9863.JPG

Cavalry twill chinos are pretty much a staple every season, with some new colors. I think there's more but saw the light brown and the rust color.
IMG_9859.JPG IMG_9867.JPG

There's also this acrylic-wool-nylon knit that's like a milano rib knit type.
IMG_9858.JPG

Men's peacoat is an Ultra Light Down coat
IMG_9862.JPG

Corduroy jacket in dark brown.
IMG_9868.JPG

Here's the flannel open collar shirt in gingham check, and what possibly might be this season's pleated chinos, but now in reverse pleats (past seasons have always been forward pleats)
IMG_9871.JPG IMG_9876.JPG

Wool-nylon (88-12) blazer similar to the Uniqlo and Lemaire 16FW
IMG_9865.JPG

Some of the collared shirting
IMG_9866.JPG

There's some neon green pinstripes that might not be noticeable in this photo but nice touch.
IMG_9874.JPG

I think there's still some items we've seen from the WWD Japan and Fashion Press previews that weren't on the rack (like the fleece jackets and the duffel and gingham coats), or might be taken of the shelf in use for media pictorials happening at the same time.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, thanks for sharing those pics. Were there corduroy jackets in any other colors?

cafedandy

Reaction score
Also checkout the new Regular Fit (Tapered) jeans and can say that they are similar to the U 17FW model in terms of rise and length, which I like. The U model feels a bit looser though since that was wide fit on the thigh area, this one is more regular. I recommended it if you like this cut, a pair that fits relaxed and I can really move in.

Note: It may look tight on me as I have big athletic thighs.

IMG_9853.JPG IMG_9854.JPG

cafedandy

Reaction score
Nice, thanks for sharing those pics. Were there corduroy jackets in any other colors?
Only the black and brown were on display so I can't say for certain, but usually they have navy or olive colors (hopefully).

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the photos. Feeling that heavier wool double pocket overshirt, striped club collar flannel, and cord suit. Suit will be an instakop for me. And thanks for the details on the jawnz, look to be what I'm after sized up 1 (so prob same size as my UU jeans?)

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
So any word yet when they're gonna drop the collection? It's already August and we still have not heard anything.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It does seem a little late? Is this F/W the strongest so far or is it just me because I'm ending winter here in the southern hemisphere and was super cold all witner!

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
Around this time last year, the lookbook is already out as well as release dates. This is probably Lemaire's best UU yet for women based on the pieces i have seen so far. I just wish he'd step up when it comes to men's.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea, the womens is always super on trend and awesome looking. Don't really get why I never see it on the streets.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Usually the lookbooks for U FW get released by July, for some reason it's late this year... climate change? :p

Agree on the women's pieces also, always nice actually.

If it helps, saw this image from a blog which may be a preview of what the lookbook might look like.

uniqlo-fall-winter-2019-collection-preview-shanghai-1.jpg

cafedandy

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the photos. Feeling that heavier wool double pocket overshirt, striped club collar flannel, and cord suit. Suit will be an instakop for me. And thanks for the details on the jawnz, look to be what I'm after sized up 1 (so prob same size as my UU jeans?)
Enjoy! I like the overshirt as well. The corduroy feel reminds me of the one released in the IDLF FW17 collab. Fitted it also, and i's same fit as the patch pocket suits of the past two U seasons. As for the jeanz, I feel that TTS might be good for a relaxed look (general rule is to size down on your actual size since it stretches a bit, but I think it's safe on this one).

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@cafedandy - did happen to notice if they are cavalry twill chinos in grey/charcoal like last season?

tennessee

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the TALL relaxed ankle fit pants on a whim and am pretty happy with them. The size Medium fits about like a standard 32x32. They fit similar to the J. Crew 1040 chinos (relaxed but not oversized). The fabric feels kind of like twill--a little heavy for summer but workable in other seasons. The olive color is darker in person.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do those UU twill chinos look a touch longer than usual? They just don't look as cropped in the pictures above. Even seeing just a little bit of a break on the shoe in the mannequin photo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads