• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Toasty are you talked about the straight or the straight tapered? The tapered have a smaller l/o
I’m talking about the straight tapered that I tried on in store. Just not 100% certain they actually are the straight tapered as advertised online. I have a little hunch they are mislabeled in store. Might just order online to confirm.

I did try to match the SKU# online with the pair in store fwiw.

@tennessee yes

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yea I think you might've tried on jsut the straight -- I couldn't find any store that had the straight tapered in stock, just the straight

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at the majority of these Japanese EG YouTube videos, they pair the OS Polo with a crew neck undershirt. It doesn't look that bad.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yea I think you might've tried on jsut the straight -- I couldn't find any store that had the straight tapered in stock, just the straight

The clear tape on the jeans with the size number said “straight tapered” but the actual tag said straight I recall. Plus the store only had one small section for their straight fit. This is why I am unsure. This is also why I just don’t enjoy shopping at brick and mortar in general.

tennessee

Reaction score
I’m talking about the straight tapered that I tried on in store. Just not 100% certain they actually are the straight tapered as advertised online. I have a little hunch they are mislabeled in store. Might just order online to confirm.

I did try to match the SKU# online with the pair in store fwiw.
@tennessee yes
Here’s what I measured. The 31 is the light wash and the 32 is the dark wash. The dark wash runs TTS in my experience and the light wash runs a size large. I’m a pretty true 32 and I ended up keeping the light 31 and the dark 32. The dark 31 felt tighter in the hips than the light 31.
DAB51F08-22D9-4220-9E3D-7A343A7CA65E.jpeg

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the linen blend trousers? The orange and olive colours look nice

tennessee

Reaction score
I also ordered a M and a L in the EG solid olive polo. I’m almost always a L in Uniqlo and I was swimming in the L. The medium fit nicely up top but was too short in the front for me. Will be returning both.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FWIW the store I visited had the EG collab, was surprised to see. Not sure what the rave is about. Fabric too course for my liking and collars too flat. It is oversized so that is cool I guess. For the summer time I think I rather be wearing a tank top or just L/S polo and roll the sleeves.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the summer time I think I rather be wearing a tank top or just L/S polo and roll the sleeves.

For a minute there I thought you was going to mention a KAWS shirt. :crackup:

This EG OS polo reminds me of J.Crew Broken-in Polo Shirt which were complete ******* trash with it's high end **** price of $39.50. It was basically a thin t-shirt with a polo collar. Flat is not even the word to describe the horrendous collar it sported.

I can't complain with this EG OS polo. It's quality exceeds anything that is out there in cotton for it's justifiable price of $29.90.

0ldb0y

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the linen blend trousers? The orange and olive colours look nice

I have the olive pair and it's very comfortable in this 90 degree weather where I live.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i mean, if you don't like the oversized polo, you don't like them, but the combination of wide sleeve, dropped shoulder, thick non-pique fabric, unique collar shape, ripstop-style placket reinforcement, tennis hem and pocket is pretty awesome

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
i mean, if you don't like the oversized polo, you don't like them, but the combination of wide sleeve, dropped shoulder, thick non-pique fabric, unique collar shape, ripstop-style placket reinforcement, tennis hem and pocket is pretty awesome

This is a great sum up. You can add the one button/open neck style and the button being rubber.
I finally bought one in each color, and i really dig them.
They look and fit better after one wash.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That corduroy UU suit looks good. Suit is something I'd never wear, but I could see myself in a navy corduroy suit in a workwear type fit. I just wish the inseam were a tad longer on the UU stuff. There is sometimes SOME material to let out at the bottom, but we talking maybe an inch..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads