• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@7_rocket i tried them on 30 minutes ago, sized down to a 31 from my usual 32-33 to get a tapered fit.

Here is another fit, much better. Inseam s little too long for me and not sure if I’d get them shortened.

I just received the new Uniqlo regular fit tapered jeans in the mail. They far exceeded my expectations. Nice high rise, roomy through the seat, with a slight taper. Just what I’ve been looking for to wear with sport coats. View attachment 1187937 View attachment 1187938

cafedandy

Reaction score
@7_rocket i tried them on 30 minutes ago, sized down to a 31 from my usual 32-33 to get a tapered fit.

Here is another fit, much better. Inseam s little too long for me and not sure if I’d get them shortened.
How’s the rise for these jeans? Are they somehow similar to the U wide fit denim jeans?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@cafedandy About the same rise. Sizing down to 31 was a tad tight but in my experience the cotton is going to stretch. I actually asked the store for a tape measure to be sure and the next size up had about an 20cm taper or 8". I want to stick with 19cm, size 31 seemed to achieve that. There are measurements online but not sure how accurate those are. Online measurements do reflect size 32 with 19cm. There may be inconsistencies in the batches perhaps.

TBH I am not sure if the pairs I tried on in store are exactly what is being offered online. The SKU# matched up FWIW. I might go back for the size 31 but not totally sold on it. For someone with a longer inseam these might be worth it.

NYLON

Reaction score
There is youtube fit review (japanese). Not sure about the height but he got an XL for the OS polo (which i presume to be an L for US/EU/AUS)

I guess there is no wrong or right, just how you want it to fit.

cafedandy

Reaction score
@cafedandy About the same rise. Sizing down to 31 was a tad tight but in my experience the cotton is going to stretch. I actually asked the store for a tape measure to be sure and the next size up had about an 20cm taper or 8". I want to stick with 19cm, size 31 seemed to achieve that. There are measurements online but not sure how accurate those are. Online measurements do reflect size 32 with 19cm. There may be inconsistencies in the batches perhaps.

TBH I am not sure if the pairs I tried on in store are exactly what is being offered online. The SKU# matched up FWIW. I might go back for the size 31 but not totally sold on it. For someone with a longer inseam these might be worth it.
Thanks, @gettoasty! This is very helpful, will check it out. :)

NYLON

Reaction score
How are their linen shirts? How is sizing with those?

I will answer for the ones from the SS UU range. Those are boxy and over sized and 100% linen ...i practically lived in them for 2 weeks alternating between 3 colors. I grabbed them quite late in knowing they will last till deep discount..no regrets.

tennessee

Reaction score

I will have both the 31 and 32 in my possession later today when my 31’s arrive in the mail. I’ll add actual measurements for both if you (or others) need them.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Toasty are you talked about the straight or the straight tapered? The tapered have a smaller l/o

grayfox

Reaction score
Loving the oversized polo. I bought the other two cw as well

5'11" with size S, my typical EG size. For reference.

Attachments

• 20190607_222508.jpg
    20190607_222508.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 163

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads